Donkeys Get Marines Around in Afghanistan

AlexKall said:
fs09_v526_hastpatrull.jpg

Actually horses but close enough :lol:

Funny, those don't look like Marines... they look more like Swedish guys... :roll: :lol:

Charge 7 said:
AlexKall said:
fs09_v526_hastpatrull.jpg

Actually horses but close enough :lol:

Funny, those don't look like Marines... they look more like Swedish guys... :roll: :lol:

Can i help that nothing is correct with the image? Well besides it being Afghanistan :lol: :p, just thought i would show a picture of soldiers using animales in modern days ;) As that was, in a way, what the topic was about, even though it was about the US marines and donkys :? ;)

Maybe those guys ware trained as Swedish marines :p

The Mujhideen and Taliban have been using donkeys for ages to get around the mountain regions of Afghanistan. There uses there date back for millenia and there always seem to be something about always needing the newest and best fancy electronics and vehicles and think just because something is old or used by our enemies or pawns that its inferior and then come with the great revelation of reinventing something thats been used in the region as the best way to get around for as long as anyone remembers.

Mules were good enough for my grandad even with light artillery in the Himalayas pre ww2, and then they were used in the jungles of Burma against the Japanese, quite funny seeing photos of chindit soldiers trying to load mules onto Dakotas :D

If the terrains to rugged then why not, I'm sure the mujahadeen used the same transport fighting the Russians during the 80's, and it didnt hurt them.

Back