Domestic Spying without a Court Order by the FBI - Page 3

View Poll Results :Do you approve of Domestic Spying without a Court Order?
Yes 8 28.57%
No 18 64.29%
Not Sure 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

November 8th, 2005  
bulldogg

Blocked.
November 8th, 2005  
Ted

I can read the thread you posted Phoenix and it explains a lot about where some of your post come from. At least to me.
Eventhough I dislike the mullah's reign over Rafsanjani and the way they blocked his feeble attempts to more liberties and I dislike the current ruler far far more, I wonder if this your major supplier of political thoughts?
November 8th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Blocked.
ha ha ha China.

Really though bulldogg, how have you not been put in some kind of a chinese concentration camp with your web-viewing activities being so un-communist?
--
Boots
November 8th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Personally, I don't care. If the FBI is listening in on phone conversations fine, I don't talk about bombing any government buildings and would never do such a thing. If they are watching people of suspicion to see who they are talking to and what they are talking about good for them, helps keep me safe.
Sounds great but here's the thing. I seem to remember "land of the free" being a rather important part of the national anthem, maybe I'm wrong. I happen to enjoy ideas like "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", liberty being a rather key ingrediant.

Maybe I'm mistaken in my views, but I'm not a huge fan of living in a totalitarian state. Totalitarianism is ultimate safety. The nazis and soviets never had much problem with terrorism. It's what you're giving up for safety that's the problem.
November 9th, 2005  
bulldogg

No concentration camps yet. They have 1.3 billion people to watch and they prefer to limit access rather than try to stamp out every little fire. I don't go preaching to anyone so I fly under the radar and just ask questions and let people talk talk talk... once I get out of here I have some truly interesting stories to tell. Soon I hope.
November 9th, 2005  
phoenix80

they hang every one who even offends a minor crime, right?
November 9th, 2005  
bulldogg

Nope. They don't hang anyone. Most get jail time after a trial. Thieves and so on are given a couple years. Murder is a capital crime and you are shot. No hangings and even people who cross the political line only get jail time, they aren't executed. Its nothing like North Korea, Cuba or Iran. People here have almost too much freedom in their daily lives. Its only when you bump up against the invisible barriers that you notice and it is all about information control. Its not a visible police state like so many believe it to be. Yes, they do exercise control but it is very passive.
November 9th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Bulldog are you sure there are no laogais anymore? You as a stranger might noe be aware of them being still open. How can you be sure there are no laogais in remote provinces? Just wondering since information is not free.
November 9th, 2005  
bulldogg

Oh sure they have the political labour reeducation camps and they aren't out in the boonies but they don't hang people anymore. Beatings and sleep deprivation sure but then look at current US practices with its political terror suspects... its all good in my book. You don't get sent off to these for being critical of the government or walking with your girlfriend. But cross the line and talk too vocally and begin to cause a noticeable disturbance on the subjects they are very touchy about and you'll go away for a couple years. As of this moment I am actually not comfortable enough to type the name of these subjects as the Great Firewall does pull each reference much the same as the firewalls in the US pull up and flag any communication that mentions certain words like "bomb" for one example.
November 9th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Oh yeah I forget that, at times. Thank you very much for your insights. I guess since you're able to tell us all that you do, then PRC is really changing.