battery

Just curious if anyone has any themselves, mine says:

Playah
08-02-89
Do
It
Cheers

By the way, I got mine in a Wal-Mart. :lol:

while dog tags do look cool (although im sure peopele will cringe at me for saying that as its not thier purpose) i would not purchase some ever. i think, like the beret, the bloused pants, the badges, the rank, the title, they are something which you must earn, you have to work to get them and to a degree purchasing them lowers the value of those which were legitimately obtained

Well, I notice a lot of people wearing them lately, guess it's a trend. Well, I'm Canadian and I'm not a big fan of the type of dog tags we have. Instead of there being 2 tags, our 2 tags are fused together, only to be broken when the time arises, it's kind of annoying to have this big hunk of dog tag all the time....

Is "dog tag" ID tag hanging on the neck? The death tag? Those are automatically issued in the military but young kids (never even seen military) wearing them look only funny.

EuroSpike said:
Is "dog tag" ID tag hanging on the neck? The death tag? Those are automatically issued in the military but young kids (never even seen military) wearing them look only funny.

Calling me young? ;)

I hate it when punks that i know Start wearing them trying to act all cool and talking :cen: to me with a dog tag on that drops to the floor(i grabbed the dog tag and choked him with it)

Civilians don't need to wear the tags, and therefore shouldn't wear them. If you're not in any Military, you will never need dogtags. I wore them in my final year in Cadets because I wanted get used to them before I came here. There was nothing engraved on them, because I knew that I had not yet earned the right to have anything on them.

Basically, it irritates me to see some Civvie wearing tags when they don't have any reason to wear them.

I think it depends. I know that in the Canadian cadet corps you can have ones made for you for a price but they do not resemble those used by the canadian military. They are just for looks you could say. I had my own during my time in cadets and it was a pretty cool thing to have. Most of the kids there liked having them. Now I have the real thing as a CF member and it's not the same because with cadets we knew the differential value of having our "cadet tags" and real dog tags. Now the meaning is different cuase it's something kinda symbolic to a new member.

how bout is a civilian is wearing them(not all ghetto or anything) and they want and are goin into the millitary?

i wear them as i go out into the bush deer stalking and/or bush hiking, i know bad stuff could happen and that it maybe a very long time before anybody finds me. for my families sake i wear them

Some guys on my track team had them made, my brother was in with it so he made me a copy as well. I just hung it on the side of the closet though.

chewie_nz said:
i wear them as i go out into the bush deer stalking and/or bush hiking, i know bad stuff could happen and that it maybe a very long time before anybody finds me. for my families sake i wear them

Now this is an excellent reason for a civilian to wear a type of dog tag. I think, as i said earlier, it depends on why and who is wearing them as well as if they look completely real or not.

Well I'm a civilian. But I do have a dog tag. Don't ware it though. And its the real deal. Thats what you get for beeing born during the Cold War ;).

Back