Dog tags for civillians?

I got em but I don't wear em. Some people think its disrespectful to wear them but some wear them because they look up to the people that are actually in service like the army, airforce, navy, marines, seals, etc. It's like honoring the people in service for some people.

I'd rather see civilians wearing dog tags than BDUs with insignia on them. I see that all too often and it just pisses me off. Especially when it's some dirt bag with no concept of what he's wearing. I can see a use for dog tags on civilians as a thing of choice. It would be helpful no doubt to any paramedic who may come to your aid should something unfortunate befall you to know your blood type. You could include any allergies you might have as well. Putting things other than name, social security number, and blood type are not accurate in so far as the US military is concerned (there are special red dog tags for medical allergies). However in today's age of identity thefts I'd be a bit cautious and not have your social security number on it. The military requires that but civilians are of course not under any such obligation and they would do well to leave that off.

"I'd rather see civilians wearing dog tags than BDUs with insignia on them."

Isn't that forbidden in law in US? To wear military clothes (clothes + insignia) and act as soldier?

Technically, yes it is forbidden EuroSpike, but it's not enforced. They aren't "acting as a soldier" either. Usually peaceniks who do it just to piss of those who support the military. If they _did_ act as a soldier _that_ would be enforced YOU BETCHA!!

Charge_7 said:
Technically, yes it is forbidden EuroSpike, but it's not enforced. They aren't "acting as a soldier" either. Usually peaceniks who do it just to piss of those who support the military. If they _did_ act as a soldier _that_ would be enforced YOU BETCHA!!

But isn't wearing military uniform with insignia around public places should be enforced? Man + uniform with insignia -> military uniform -> soldier.

I have seen those hippies around here. Weird and suspicious people and i have wondered about their military equipments usage, they hate military don't they :lol:

Yes the peacenicks seem to have a strange obsession of wearing a mixture of military and tribal. :lol:
While many of us just wear BDU trousers with no markings, they like to wear the jackets with the badges and stuff attached to them. Maybe they're playing dress up Vietnam War Veterans protesting the war in Vietnam. I guess it became a bit of a fashion statement afterwards.
Either that or they see themselves as revolutionary soldiers so they have *earned* the right to wear them. Who knows.

"I guess it became a bit of a fashion statement afterwards.
Either that or they see themselves as revolutionary soldiers so they have *earned* the right to wear them. Who knows."

I have heard one theory that using military equipments is somekind recycling or something. The most of those hippies are teenage girls.

I hate wearing them.... I only wear them when I have to, IE: Inspections, Exercises, Operations and courses... But it is always funny to see the young soldiers new to Battalion having them out on display at the bar along with their Basic Training course T-shirt...

Pete031 said:
I hate wearing them.... I only wear them when I have to, IE: Inspections, Exercises, Operations and courses... But it is always funny to see the young soldiers new to Battalion having them out on display at the bar along with their Basic Training course T-shirt...

So do i. Not interested to use it (our one is one piece) if officially really don't need to, like i don't like to wear any other jewels either. Specially while sleeping i hate to wear it.

Back