Does the U.S. media cover the war fairly? - Page 4

--

September 2nd, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
No, but there are giant spiders In Iraq, but IIRC, they arn't even Arachnids. To my knowledge there have been several seriouse injuries from these suckers, but not deaths.
Camel spiders, or wind Scorpions. They can get very large - I have found them as big as my hand and I'm a big fella at 6'4", but that's rare. They don't have venom, but they love to gnaw on flesh - will take a bite out of you if you aren't careful. Mostly, however, they are just ugly and creepy. They are very aggressive, so aren't shy around humans - and they seem to enjoy the game of "Tag." Also, if you're planning on staging insect fights .. make certain your scorpion is bigger than the camel spider - he may look intimidating, but the camel spider packs a hard punch. (I lost $200 on that mistake)
September 2nd, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbiner
Every from of Media shows a bias, and just because you happen to like perhaps Kerry better than you like Bush, is no reason to dismiss Fox News. You need to watch both biases in order to get the full picture.
Bravo!!! In today's world, you have to hear both sides of the story. Remember to pay a visit to http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage every once in a while. That would be what the Middle East reads for news...and it is much different than what is reported on cnn, mbc fox news ect.

Also try google news. You can find a bunch more articles there than at other sites.
September 2nd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Yes, I like Google News because they offer sources from all around the world.
--
September 2nd, 2004  
Doc.S

Media is nothing a civilian can count on, it doesn't matter if its american or european media, But I have seen some real horror monster news from america no names.

Cheers:
Doc.S
September 3rd, 2004  
silent driller

No. I don't feel that the US media covers war fairly. As the saying goes, "There's no news like bad news." Instead of news like "Marines and Soldiers get Together to Rebuild Schoolhouse," all you hear is "Two Soldiers Killed in Baghdad," or "More Firefighting in Najaf Kills Children," or something like that.