Does the U.S. media cover the war fairly?

Time said:
And this informationg has facts where.

Oh, let me explain it for you Time - since you didn't catch the concept. What I posted was my personal account of reporters with various "big stooge" news agencies over in Iraq, Afghanistan and various other areas.

Now, it is somewhat like your OPINIONS on MSNBC, CNN (whom, by the way, managed to maintain a pressence in Iraq by not reporting Ba'athist atrocities - look it up), ABC etc, except it's an account of what I witnessed.

RnderSafe said:
None of them are accurate or honest - so saying one is better than another isn't saying much at all.

Now this statement - that is an opinion. Very much like every statement you've made in this thread.

See now? :D

Btw, how do you know if what the media stooges report is accurate or not?

General Sherman Said it best:

"Newspaper correspondents with an army, as a rule, are mischievous. THey are the world's gossips, pick up and retail the camp scandal, and gradually drift to the headquarters of some general, who finds it easier to make reputation at home than with his own corps of division. They are also tempted to prophesy events and state facts which, to an enemy, reveal a purpose in time to guard against it. Moreover, they are always bound to see facts colored by the partisan or political character of thier own patrons, thus bring army officers to their political controveries of the day, which are miscievous and wrong. Yet, so greedy are the people at large for war news, that is doubtful whether any army commander can exclude all reporters, without bringing down on himself a clamor that may imperl his own safety. Time and moderation must bring a just solution to this modern difficulty."

Quote from On War and Leadersip by Owen Connelly

Time said:
Well I believe it was covered well, by ABC, MSNBC, and CNN.

Fox I do not. But mostly the Associated Press did the best job.

Every from of Media shows a bias, and just because you happen to like perhaps Kerry better than you like Bush, is no reason to dismiss Fox News. You need to watch both biases in order to get the full picture.

Time said:
Actually yes, the shows which are hosted by partisan democrats are still objective when it comes to reporting about the war.

Your statement, taken in the context of this thread, was that FoxNews fabricates their news reports.

Why yes I take full responsibility of that post and stand fully behind what I have said.

And:

Time said:
And this informationg has facts where.

Doody said:
General Sherman Said it best:

"Newspaper correspondents with an army, as a rule, are mischievous. THey are the world's gossips, pick up and retail the camp scandal, and gradually drift to the headquarters of some general, who finds it easier to make reputation at home than with his own corps of division. They are also tempted to prophesy events and state facts which, to an enemy, reveal a purpose in time to guard against it. Moreover, they are always bound to see facts colored by the partisan or political character of thier own patrons, thus bring army officers to their political controveries of the day, which are miscievous and wrong. Yet, so greedy are the people at large for war news, that is doubtful whether any army commander can exclude all reporters, without bringing down on himself a clamor that may imperl his own safety. Time and moderation must bring a just solution to this modern difficulty."

Quote from On War and Leadersip by Owen Connelly

I agree with this one, I believe the best reporting was done by the Associated Press reporters that were imbeded in frontline untis.

No, but there are giant spiders In Iraq, but IIRC, they arn't even Arachnids. To my knowledge there have been several seriouse injuries from these suckers, but not deaths.

GuyontheRight said:
No, but there are giant spiders In Iraq, but IIRC, they arn't even Arachnids. To my knowledge there have been several seriouse injuries from these suckers, but not deaths.

Camel spiders, or wind Scorpions. They can get very large - I have found them as big as my hand and I'm a big fella at 6'4", but that's rare. They don't have venom, but they love to gnaw on flesh - will take a bite out of you if you aren't careful. Mostly, however, they are just ugly and creepy. They are very aggressive, so aren't shy around humans - and they seem to enjoy the game of "Tag." :D Also, if you're planning on staging insect fights .. make certain your scorpion is bigger than the camel spider - he may look intimidating, but the camel spider packs a hard punch. (I lost $200 on that mistake)

Carbiner said:
Every from of Media shows a bias, and just because you happen to like perhaps Kerry better than you like Bush, is no reason to dismiss Fox News. You need to watch both biases in order to get the full picture.

Bravo!!! In today's world, you have to hear both sides of the story. Remember to pay a visit to http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage every once in a while. That would be what the Middle East reads for news...and it is much different than what is reported on cnn, mbc fox news ect.

Also try google news. You can find a bunch more articles there than at other sites.

Media is nothing a civilian can count on, it doesn't matter if its american or european media, But I have seen some real horror monster news from america no names.

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

No. I don't feel that the US media covers war fairly. As the saying goes, "There's no news like bad news." Instead of news like "Marines and Soldiers get Together to Rebuild Schoolhouse," all you hear is "Two Soldiers Killed in Baghdad," or "More Firefighting in Najaf Kills Children," or something like that.

Back