September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

And this informationg has facts where.
September 1st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Oh, let me explain it for you Time - since you didn't catch the concept. What I posted was my personal account of reporters with various "big stooge" news agencies over in Iraq, Afghanistan and various other areas.

Now, it is somewhat like your OPINIONS on MSNBC, CNN (whom, by the way, managed to maintain a pressence in Iraq by not reporting Ba'athist atrocities - look it up), ABC etc, except it's an account of what I witnessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
None of them are accurate or honest - so saying one is better than another isn't saying much at all.
Now this statement - that is an opinion. Very much like every statement you've made in this thread.

See now?

Btw, how do you know if what the media stooges report is accurate or not?
September 1st, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

General Sherman Said it best:

"Newspaper correspondents with an army, as a rule, are mischievous. THey are the world's gossips, pick up and retail the camp scandal, and gradually drift to the headquarters of some general, who finds it easier to make reputation at home than with his own corps of division. They are also tempted to prophesy events and state facts which, to an enemy, reveal a purpose in time to guard against it. Moreover, they are always bound to see facts colored by the partisan or political character of thier own patrons, thus bring army officers to their political controveries of the day, which are miscievous and wrong. Yet, so greedy are the people at large for war news, that is doubtful whether any army commander can exclude all reporters, without bringing down on himself a clamor that may imperl his own safety. Time and moderation must bring a just solution to this modern difficulty."

Quote from On War and Leadersip by Owen Connelly
--
September 1st, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Nope, US media does not cover this truely.......

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=40167

Someone was reading commics very much.....
September 1st, 2004  
Carbiner

Quote:
Well I believe it was covered well, by ABC, MSNBC, and CNN.

Fox I do not. But mostly the Associated Press did the best job.
Every from of Media shows a bias, and just because you happen to like perhaps Kerry better than you like Bush, is no reason to dismiss Fox News. You need to watch both biases in order to get the full picture.
September 1st, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Actually yes, the shows which are hosted by partisan democrats are still objective when it comes to reporting about the war.

Quote:
Your statement, taken in the context of this thread, was that FoxNews fabricates their news reports.
Why yes I take full responsibility of that post and stand fully behind what I have said.
And:

Quote:
September 1st, 2004  
LeatherNeckRVA

I watch MSNBC and FOX, I understand the bias and try my hardest to wade through it, but damn I do like that Joe Scarborough
September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
General Sherman Said it best:

"Newspaper correspondents with an army, as a rule, are mischievous. THey are the world's gossips, pick up and retail the camp scandal, and gradually drift to the headquarters of some general, who finds it easier to make reputation at home than with his own corps of division. They are also tempted to prophesy events and state facts which, to an enemy, reveal a purpose in time to guard against it. Moreover, they are always bound to see facts colored by the partisan or political character of thier own patrons, thus bring army officers to their political controveries of the day, which are miscievous and wrong. Yet, so greedy are the people at large for war news, that is doubtful whether any army commander can exclude all reporters, without bringing down on himself a clamor that may imperl his own safety. Time and moderation must bring a just solution to this modern difficulty."

Quote from On War and Leadersip by Owen Connelly
I agree with this one, I believe the best reporting was done by the Associated Press reporters that were imbeded in frontline untis.
September 2nd, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Hey Uncle Sam, was that giant spider stuff real or just bull.
September 2nd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

No, but there are giant spiders In Iraq, but IIRC, they arn't even Arachnids. To my knowledge there have been several seriouse injuries from these suckers, but not deaths.