Does the U.S. media cover the war fairly? - Page 2

--

August 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The media is the media. Spinning and repackaging the truth is what they do for a living, but they do make great efforts to get their facts straight. Otherwise, their competition with blast them for it. My biggest complaint is that they are all about making a big splash with the most shocking story. As result, everyday events are not included like keeping a running total of what good things the US and allies have accomplished in Iraq. Those details are boring and they don't grab the public's attention. So your perspective is guaranteed to not see every aspect of things, and your unlikely to have a decent view from all angles.
August 31st, 2004  
Senses Failed

the media portrays what'll get them ratings, which is mainly death, violence, things along that nature. I think everyone before me has stated what I would.

We just recently had the 1 MEF(I think) come talk to some of us that'll deploy in the next few months(2 MEF) and He said they're trying to get the media to show the other aspects of what we do, so far only the military papers have done that, but hopefully the other "media" will follow suit
September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

I believe they do, if you talk to the reporters that have been imbedded with units.

I believe the associated press covers the war very objectively and tries to give an unbiased opinion.

I like MSNSBC and CNN for my news.

As Paul Begala said if need fiction i'll tune into fox news.
--
September 1st, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
As Paul Begala said if need fiction i'll tune into fox news.
September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Redneck you ever watch crossfire.
September 1st, 2004  
Redneck

No I do not, but tht is beside the point as the question was whether the coverage was fair, not whether you like the political commentary on an obviously opinion based program.

Your statement, taken in the context of this thread, was that FoxNews fabricates their news reports.
September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Well I believe it was covered well, by ABC, MSNBC, and CNN.

Fox I do not. But mostly the Associated Press did the best job.
September 1st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
I like MSNSBC and CNN for my news.
[sarcasm] Now those are accurate sources. [/sarcasm]
September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Actually yes, the shows which are hosted by partisan democrats are still objective when it comes to reporting about the war.

Quote:
Your statement, taken in the context of this thread, was that FoxNews fabricates their news reports.
Why yes I take full responsibility of that post and stand fully behind what I have said.
September 1st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
are still objective when it comes to reporting about the war.
Funny how their reports, along with every other one over in the sand box, rushed to completely alter events as they had witnessed for their stories.

None of them are accurate or honest - so saying one is better than another isn't saying much at all.