Does the press give terrorists ideas for attacks?

Does the press give terrorists ideas for attacks?

• Total voters

Duty Honor Country

After 9-11, I was mazed at the detail the press put into America's weaknesses. The press wrote detailed articles on dirty bombs, flying planes into nuclear facilities, lack of security at ports, train stations, borders, how an attack in the US could influence the election, ect.

A thought crossed my mind. If I were a terrorist, all I had to do was read those articles to get ideas on how to strike back at America.

Does anyone else agree?

Oh definitely. Disaster movies and all that help them come up with new ideas.
The press tells us everyday what sites are heavily secured and what are not... we are as democratic as we are vulnerable.

I have to say I think they can get ideas from anywhere, Hollywood, the press, books, television shows, etc... The best way to know what is goin on and where to hit is watch CNN. Every movement of everyone or thing is on there.

If I was a terrorist, I'd just watch CNN or something like that to watch for weaknesses.

I think the press' influence in the plans is minimal.

al Qaeda, et. al. have lots of time to plan and can come up with a number of ways to murder thousands. They may be as suspicious of the Western press as they are of the governments.

Back