Does International Terrorism Really Exist?

To think the US government was involved with 9/11 is ludicrous.

Oh I get people who bring that up from time to time, but, I just cant believe the Federal Government would allow so many innocent Americans to be killed, no matter the Party in the White House.

The trouble is, as I see it, had President Clinton been in the White House when the Attacks of 9-11-01 hit, well many of the people protecting President Bush now with regards to the Attacks, would be I believe blaming President Clinton for being involved.
Had it happened the very same way but under President Clinton's watch I believe the Right Wing would be calling ad nauseum for investigation after investigation into the Attacks, and what brought down the buildings in NYC, as well as what hit the Pentagon, and also what brought down United Flight 93.

I'll also add that I personally believe President Clinton would have been Impeached in the US House (again) had he still been in the White House during the Attacks of 9-11-01.

Last edited:
I am very sceptical when it comes to politicians, but even I could not believe that the Federal Govt in the USA had anything to do with this event.

It's rather fanciful even as conspiracy theories go.

I didn't say the tapes were fabrications either. I said sometimes the timing of some releases aren't as innocent as some of us may think.

They're actually not innocent at all, they are calculated measures to try and embarrass the President and United States government as a whole. Funny how everyone here seems to think the United States is somehow controlling the release of these tapes even though every video released by Osama Bin Laden was first sent to Al Jazeera, which isn't exactly US friendly and is completely outside of the control of the United States. Seems like nobody is taking that into account when making such bold and outlandish statements about the President of the United States.

They're actually not innocent at all, they are calculated measures to try and embarrass the President and United States government as a whole. Funny how everyone here seems to think the United States is somehow controlling the release of these tapes even though every video released by Osama Bin Laden was first sent to Al Jazeera, which isn't exactly US friendly and is completely outside of the control of the United States. Seems like nobody is taking that into account when making such bold and outlandish statements about the President of the United States.

Damien,

I think you are letting your hat run away with your head. You seem to have this idea that the president is some kind of God. The President of the United States is first and foremost a politician, therefore he will from time to time be embroiled in political infighting. Don't take it to heart, it is an everyday occurrence and he, like all politicians expects it. In fact if there were not someone sniping at him, his policies or his credibility, he would be sorely disappointed as it would indicate that his opposition doesn't see him as a threat. That's politics!!

Remember, ALL politicians are rogues, just that some are more successful at their roguery than others. (They have hidden their indiscretions better than the rest)

Oh I get people who bring that up from time to time, but, I just cant believe the Federal Government would allow so many innocent Americans to be killed, no matter the Party in the White House.

The trouble is, as I see it, had President Clinton been in the White House when the Attacks of 9-11-01 hit, well many of the people protecting President Bush now with regards to the Attacks, would be I believe blaming President Clinton for being involved.
Had it happened the very same way but under President Clinton's watch I believe the Right Wing would be calling ad nauseum for investigation after investigation into the Attacks, and what brought down the buildings in NYC, as well as what hit the Pentagon, and also what brought down United Flight 93.

I'll also add that I personally believe President Clinton would have been Impeached in the US House (again) had he still been in the White House during the Attacks of 9-11-01.

The first attempt was under Clinton's watch....

The second attempted happened shortly after, Bush had not even been in for a year, Clinton's 8 years in office. Think about that ;)

I don't revere him as a god but I do respect him as the most powerful (but not all-powerful) man in the world.

Don't let him fool you Damien, he pulls his trousers on one leg at a time just like everyone else. He too is responsible to the people and must go begging to congress to get his way on many things. He's just another politician, and if you care to look back at politicians over the years, you'll see that they are a pretty "spotty" lot generally.

Being successful in politics is not a great recommendation for any man. Generally it just means that they can fight dirtier than the rest.

Don't let him fool you Damien, he pulls his trousers on one leg at a time just like everyone else. He too is responsible to the people and must go begging to congress to get his way on many things. He's just another politician, and if you care to look back at politicians over the years, you'll see that they are a pretty "spotty" lot generally.

Being successful in politics is not a great recommendation for any man. Generally it just means that they can fight dirtier than the rest.

Regardless of which man is in office...I give them all credit for being able to handle the stress...I especially give Mr. President G W Bush a lot of credit for I would def. not want to be in his shoes...He gets pooped on if he sneezes wrong....

However I feel something very much needs to be done with the electoral system we have in our country for only the rich can run for anything and that is a problem, albeit for another topic.

what were we talking about again????

A July 2006 estimate placed the Population of the Earth at 6,525,170,264.
I have not seen any hard numbers as for the estimate of Terrorists around the World from the Federal Government in awhile, but could be there is someone who gets paid in Washington D.C. to put out such estimates, well, if it makes the White House look good.
Sort of like messages from Osama Bin Laden, which seem to pop up whenever the White House needs one.

The USA has a population aprox. 300 million

The USA has a military force aprox 2.7 million

Your point?

look at the word Interstate....

It is just a term used to describe people that are operating internationally...You are all looking way to deeply into the meaning as an excuse to bash someone in some office...

I would say line one of the definition of International sums it up
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...national&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

A problem dealing with more than one nation... Ok can we move on now?

Last edited:
Regardless of which man is in office...I give them all credit for being able to handle the stress...I especially give Mr. President G W Bush a lot of credit for I would def. not want to be in his shoes...He gets pooped on if he sneezes wrong....

However I feel something very much needs to be done with the electoral system we have in our country for only the rich can run for anything and that is a problem, albeit for another topic.

I don't profess to know much about your electoral system but I had noticed that politics is certainly a rich man's game. I think this is also the case in Australia.

I don't know if politics is getting dirtier or there is just greater scrutiny of those who are involved, but I'm afraid that I have little respect for any of them. "I distrust them all equally without fear or favour" It appears to me that there is nothing a politician will not stoop to, to be elected or stay in power.

The President is the Command-in-Chief of the most powerful military force in the world, Congress has absolutely no checks to that power, hence why he is the most powerful man in the world. I'm not saying he's infallable, but I am saying he has nothing to do with Al Qaeda other than kicking their asses wherever they might poke their heads out of the dirt, unlike what someone else has been hinting at/suggesting/ or making outright accusations towards.

As for problems with the electoral system, I have a solution, get out and vote.

The United States Congress can Impeach the President, for whatever reason the United States Congress deems appropriate, and in the form of a misdemeanor, which, Congress writting the Law would not be all that hard to come up, even though there are enough laws on the books now to I believe Impeach any President at any time.

This President, in my own opinion, can be Impeached right now for actions outlined in Title 18 § 2388 of the United States Code, Activities Affecting Armed Forces during War.

The US Senate can remove the President from Power after the House Impeaches the President, and then a new President takes over.

As for the United States Congress and the Military, Congress has plenty of control over the United States Military already in the US Constitution.

In the US there is always a Check on Power, the United States Federal Government works off the Co-Equal Branches of Government rule.

If the President decides to invade a country all Congress can do is say "boo hoo". Congress doesn't have to declare war for it to be present.

Please note that 98% of what I say is my opinion and/or my "version" of the facts. Most of what I say is rumor with little to no evidence to back it up, just something I picked up somewhere.

I'd say that about sums everything up.

The United States Congress can Impeach the President, for whatever reason the United States Congress deems appropriate, and in the form of a misdemeanor, which, Congress writting the Law would not be all that hard to come up, even though there are enough laws on the books now to I believe Impeach any President at any time.

This President, in my own opinion, can be Impeached right now for actions outlined in Title 18 § 2388 of the United States Code, Activities Affecting Armed Forces during War.

The US Senate can remove the President from Power after the House Impeaches the President, and then a new President takes over.

As for the United States Congress and the Military, Congress has plenty of control over the United States Military already in the US Constitution.

In the US there is always a Check on Power, the United States Federal Government works off the Co-Equal Branches of Government rule.

It's not easy to impeach a President for a good reason. Every President has enemies in the House and Senate, for that reason, the Constitution laid out a process as follows. And, it is the House who brings charges and impeaches. If impeached, the trial is held in the Senate.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/background/impeach/impeach.htm

The Impeachment Process in a Nutshell
  1. The House Judiciary Committee deliberates over whether to initiate an impeachment inquiry.
  2. The Judiciary Committee adopts a resolution seeking authority from the entire House of Representatives to conduct an inquiry. Before voting, the House debates and considers the resolution. Approval requires a majority vote.
  3. The Judiciary Committee conducts an impeachment inquiry, possibly through public hearings. At the conclusion of the inquiry, articles of impeachment are prepared. They must be approved by a majority of the Committee.
  4. The House of Representatives considers and debates the articles of impeachment. A majority vote of the entire House is required to pass each article. Once an article is approved, the President is, technically speaking, "impeached" -- that is subject to trial in the Senate.
  5. The Senate holds trial on the articles of impeachment approved by the House. The Senate sits as a jury while the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court presides over the trial.
  6. At the conclusion of the trial, the Senate votes on whether to remove the President from office. A two-thirds vote by the Members present in the Senate is required for removal.
  7. If the President is removed, the Vice-President assumes the Presidency under the chain of succession established by Amendment XXV.

It's not easy to impeach a President for a good reason. Every President has enemies in the House and Senate, for that reason, the Constitution laid out a process as follows. And, it is the House who brings charges and impeaches. If impeached, the trial is held in the Senate.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/background/impeach/impeach.htm

The Impeachment Process in a Nutshell
  1. The House Judiciary Committee deliberates over whether to initiate an impeachment inquiry.
  2. The Judiciary Committee adopts a resolution seeking authority from the entire House of Representatives to conduct an inquiry. Before voting, the House debates and considers the resolution. Approval requires a majority vote.
  3. The Judiciary Committee conducts an impeachment inquiry, possibly through public hearings. At the conclusion of the inquiry, articles of impeachment are prepared. They must be approved by a majority of the Committee.
  4. The House of Representatives considers and debates the articles of impeachment. A majority vote of the entire House is required to pass each article. Once an article is approved, the President is, technically speaking, "impeached" -- that is subject to trial in the Senate.
  5. The Senate holds trial on the articles of impeachment approved by the House. The Senate sits as a jury while the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court presides over the trial.
  6. At the conclusion of the trial, the Senate votes on whether to remove the President from office. A two-thirds vote by the Members present in the Senate is required for removal.
  7. If the President is removed, the Vice-President assumes the Presidency under the chain of succession established by Amendment XXV.

I used to think Impeaching the President would be hard, I do not believe it is a very hard thing at all to do now, as I believe Presidents can be Impeached at the drop of a hat, if the Congress is in the hands of the Opposition Party.

US Constitution
Article II
Section 4. The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

Well, that sounds easier than it really is. First, the charges have to be brought before a judicial comittee and proven to be true.

Back