Does International Terrorism Really Exist?

General Electric is an "International" company. But some p1ss ant show with a total management of 10 who very occasionally serves people in a dozen countries doesn't really cut the mustard as an "International" organisation, any more than the last company I worked for, who for tax purposes has a brass plaque in some accountants office in Kong Kong and all it's other staff in Australia.

As Donkey pointed out to me in another thread on this forum, these things are all a matter of relative comparison.

A bit more hype by the neoconservatives if you ask me.

Remember I am only expressing my opinion, you are welcome to yours.

A July 2006 estimate placed the Population of the Earth at 6,525,170,264.
I have not seen any hard numbers as for the estimate of Terrorists around the World from the Federal Government in awhile, but could be there is someone who gets paid in Washington D.C. to put out such estimates, well, if it makes the White House look good.
Sort of like messages from Osama Bin Laden, which seem to pop up whenever the White House needs one.

Incidents of terrorism worldwide 11,111
Incidents resulting in death, injury, or kidnapping of at least one individual 8,016
Incidents resulting in the death of at least one individual 5,131
Incidents resulting in the death of zero individuals 5,980
Incidents resulting in the death of only one individual 2,884
Incidents resulting in the death of at least 10 individuals 226
Incidents resulting in the injury of at least one individual 3,827
Incidents resulting in the kidnapping of at least one individual 1,145
Individuals worldwide killed, injured or kidnapped as a result of incidents of terrorism 74,087
Individuals worldwide killed as a result of incidents of terrorism 14,602
Individuals worldwide injured as a result of incidents of terrorism 24,705
Individuals worldwide kidnapped as a result of incidents of terrorism 34,780
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/65489.pdf

Make that 6,525,170,266, Shirl and I were away that day:smil:.

I don't disbelieve it, but it always amuses me when they take it right down to single units, I think that 6 1/2 Billion would suffice.

Yep, a job like that would suit me down to the ground. Put in a good word for me Gator. Oh!!!, and I'll need a new clipboard a sharp pencil and lots of ruled A4. (I don't write very straight on unruled paper). Thanks.

Make that 6,525,170,266, Shirl and I were away that day:smil:.

I don't disbelieve it, but it always amuses me when they take it right down to single units, I think that 6 1/2 Billion would suffice.

Yep, a job like that would suit me down to the ground. Put in a good word for me Gator. Oh!!!, and I'll need a new clipboard and a sharp pencil. Thanks.

Clipboard and sharp pencil and you could go far, very far, and make lots of money, all with no one really knowing what or who you are counting.

No one from United States Federal Government came out and asked you how many of that 6,525,170,264 you were going to claim?
Possible someone in the Federal Government here put in time and travel expense for such, plus money for a new Clipboard for use on the bottom side of the Earth, and a very expensive pencil that writes in Australian.

There is international terrorism.
The problem is at a global scale. Okay, so let's say we don't include the US (because attacks don't happen on a regular basis), then we still have bits of Europe, Turkey, Israel, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the Philippines and also Indonesia. Often these conflicts are intwined or are run or funded by a common source.
In terms of actual casualties, no, it's not exactly World War II, but in terms of impact it's not so small as you could deny that it is in fact, global. It's not so much size, but significance. You could down just ONE airline, but if that action paralyzes the airline industry, you have not just attacked one airplane, but have attacked the industry itself. Get what I mean?
Right now, a lot of terror groups are in trouble as they are being hunted down and don't have it as easy as they had back in the '90s, which is probably why some of us can think that this international terrorism problem doesn't really exist.

Clipboard and sharp pencil and you could go far, very far, and make lots of money, all with no one really knowing what or who you are counting.

Bugger it! I've been caught out already. Just don't tell anyone, and I'll slip right in amongst the bean counters, Woo hoo!!... a job for life, I'm set like a jelly (Jello to you).

I have not seen any hard numbers as for the estimate of Terrorists around the World from the Federal Government in awhile, but could be there is someone who gets paid in Washington D.C. to put out such estimates, well, if it makes the White House look good.
Sort of like messages from Osama Bin Laden, which seem to pop up whenever the White House needs one.

Yeah, I'm sure it just makes the President and his Generals all giddy inside when Osama releases a video 12 hours after the Joint Chiefs announce that an air strike took place on Osama suspected hide out and that Osama is rumored to be amongst the victims.

In the future if you're going to make libelous statement make sure they're at least believable.

Gator, did you volunteer for chemicals weapons testing at some point during your military career or something?

Oh my, are you implying that I am defective in some way?

As far as in the Military, I volunteered to defuse Chemical Weapons as well as Nuclear, Biological, and Conventional Weapons, and IED's, and IND's... I take it that is not what you are getting at though.

Your Post to me, #28 in this Thread seemed, to me at least, that I was being implicated in some sort of a crime.

Take it easy Gator, it's a sure sign that they consider themselves to be on the losing end when they start "playing the man" instead of the debate.

You have obviously got them on the back foot.

There's nothing to debate, Gator accused the United States government of fabricating several tapes put out by Osama bin Laden and his group Al Qaeda and by association he his theirfore hinting that the United States government was directly involved in the 9/11 terrorists attack on our nation. When a person makes such ludicrous claims one can't help but ask the question "What the hell is wrong with that guy?" There's nothing to debate because it's a ludicrous claim and for a person who's always quoting D.O.D. rules and regulations regarding inflammatory statements about the leadership of this country he sure does a hell of a lot of it himself.

If you honestly believed your own statement that there is "nothing to debate", I think you would have just patted yourself on the back and thought, "Well I won that round" Never the less it is no reason to get personal.

Read his post again, he never stated any such thing. What he said was that they "pop up at convenient times" implying that they are perhaps being dragged out when needed to keep the kettle boiling. (Such things are not unknown in political circles)

It may only be coincidence, but several coincidences in a row start to make one think. It has been said that "Once is an accident, Twice is coincidence, Three times is a trend" Now you can read that any way you wish.

So, you don't like the guy, well,..that's your problem, but you shouldn't start posting innuendo just because his point of view doesn't agree with yours. You are going to find a lot of this in life, so just get over it and move on. Your blood pressure will be lower and you will live a lot longer because of it.

Last edited:
There's nothing convenient about Al Qaeda releasing videos, when it happens it is done to remind the American people that we are not doing enough to win the War of Terror and is a constant reminder of such to our administration. The Repuclican party and the President have nothing to gain from these "timely" release of videos, which have only been "timely" in that they are released hours/days after the White House reports Osama may be dead.

Well, it is certainly convenient, that they are released at these times, or at least Gator thinks so.

That is his perogative. We all view happenings somewhat differently, if there appears to be a trend in these events, is he not allowed to form his own opinion on the matter and state it in a public forum without being abused?

You seem like a pretty intelligent bloke with a healthy interest in the goings on in the world, and it's not my job to be telling you how to behave, but Please, just steady up, there are many things in this world that are worth defending, but present politics (all politics) is not one of them. Well,... it's not worth making enemies over, leave that to the politicians they're far better at it than you or I.

Last edited:
True enough Senojekips but the rules of the forum do dictate that if you do not state something as being your opinion and state such claims as fact you must be "ready to provide a source". ;)

And yes, the ad hominem attacks are just not on.

I don't think Gator deserves those personal attacks. You shouldn't attack someone who simply disagrees with you. This is especially the case when you are dealing with someone who's given many years to the service.
One thing you have to realize is yes, those tapes are real but also it is true that the releases etc. are not always timed innocently. Everyone has an agenda.
I think international terrorism does exist and has for a while.
Another example would be how during the World Cup in 2002, South Korea and Japan, the co-hosts were on full alert because of threats from Al-Qaeda but the terrorist group had trouble infiltrating the two countries because they have no significant Muslim population to draw possible insiders from. Had there been such a population, the threat could have been bigger. In that sense, Al Qaeda would have been involved in attacks in the US, South Korea/Japan and Spain in 2001, 2002 and 2003. Apparently Al-Qaeda is operating in Iraq (I don't know if this is 100% true or not) and so I think that's a pretty strong case for the presence of international terrorism. Not to mention the incidents from the 70's in Europe which largely had to do with issues concerning the mideast.

13th redneck, just to clarify, even though both youself and senojekips have tried on my behalf. I made no such accusations about the Federal Government fabricating tapes from Osama bin Laden, or that the United States Government was directly involved in the 9-11-01 Terrorists attacks.

I didn't say the tapes were fabrications either. I said sometimes the timing of some releases aren't as innocent as some of us may think.
To think the US government was involved with 9/11 is ludicrous.

Back