Does everyone feel safer now?

*rolls eyes* Frakin California fruitcake pansies. You know we are playing RIGHT into Cho's hands with this. He WANTS us to talk about him, he WANTS us to remember his name, and his actions. He was ignored during his mortal life, so he went out in a way that made sure he would never be forgotten. Closing the schools is as bad as America collapsing after 9/11. The terrorists wanted us to fall, but we stood united...Cho wants us to run scared, but we NEED to keep these schools open.

Hate to say I told you so, but I said the day after the shootings that this was getting too much news coverage and that copy cat threats and attacks were inevitable if the media kept going on with this. And it's not just in California that this is happening.

I know, but the link was to 36 california schools. So I commented on the link.
And yes, you're right, there was WAY too much press coverage.

No you can not blame the news, you yourself must reason what they provide. We should look at Cho and all the others and try to understand, we should not be afraid. We should accept, rationalize, and understand.

You can not pass blame on to anyone, you should not, for if you were in their shoes you possibly would have done the same. Maybe the entire point of life is to figure out life, something we have yet to do; or can we?

All I know is there is nothing more to life than life itself, please tell me what else is worth it. We should not run scared we should run free; what else could be better!?

^^^ Murders and negative media coverage is money - If there is only one oz of juice left in the story they'll squeeze three more out of it before moving on...

^^^ Murders and negative media coverage is money - If there is only one oz of juice left in the story they'll squeeze three more out of it before moving on...

If news reporting become a capitalistic venture, I have no doubt that there will be abuse and unethical practices by certain individuals.

If news reporting become a capitalistic venture, I have no doubt that there will be abuse and unethical practices by certain individuals.

News = people watching TV
People watching TV = more exposure to sponsors and advertisements
More sponsors paying for airtime = a greater demand for airtime
Greater demand for airtime = money

Hence logic would hold true that:

News = Money

They spend money to make money. They spent probably hundreds if not thousands of dollars getting peope on scene, and keeping them there, for this whole thing. You think they did for altruistic reasons? They did it for ratings and ratings generally means more people watching TV and this always means more money money money.

And because of this wackos want to make sure they get on the news...

Perhaps if anything we have to blame, we have the TV and the news to blame...

Back