Does everyone feel safer now? - Page 2

--
Does everyone feel safer now?

April 20th, 2007  
sunb!

^^^ Murders and negative media coverage is money - If there is only one oz of juice left in the story they'll squeeze three more out of it before moving on...
April 20th, 2007  
Damien435

If it bleeds it leads.
April 21st, 2007  
CABAL

Quote:
^^^ Murders and negative media coverage is money - If there is only one oz of juice left in the story they'll squeeze three more out of it before moving on...
If news reporting become a capitalistic venture, I have no doubt that there will be abuse and unethical practices by certain individuals.
--
April 22nd, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL
If news reporting become a capitalistic venture, I have no doubt that there will be abuse and unethical practices by certain individuals.
News = people watching TV
People watching TV = more exposure to sponsors and advertisements
More sponsors paying for airtime = a greater demand for airtime
Greater demand for airtime = money

Hence logic would hold true that:

News = Money

They spend money to make money. They spent probably hundreds if not thousands of dollars getting peope on scene, and keeping them there, for this whole thing. You think they did for altruistic reasons? They did it for ratings and ratings generally means more people watching TV and this always means more money money money.
April 22nd, 2007  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL

IF???????
April 22nd, 2007  
Donkey

And because of this wackos want to make sure they get on the news...

Perhaps if anything we have to blame, we have the TV and the news to blame...