Does every country have a Army's Day?

FlyingFrog

At least for the countries of the forum members.

In China the Army Day is August 1th.

This is the PLA Army Flag, the 2 characters are: August 1.

pla-flag.gif

is that the day it was established or not?

i think it is, there was a Nan Chang riot in august 1st during the revolutionary war in china, that troop is the first armed force for the communist,
prehaps that is why they choose that day for the day of army

I was in Shanghai over the last vacation and watched the Army Day Parade on CCTV7 or CCTV 4 or 1 I believe. Very Impressive formations and their goosesteping appears to be flawless. One prime example is soldier's quick and disciplined obedience to the shouting officer. You can see the concentration and coordination of how these guys march. Although this parade is much smaller to the Anniverary Parade on October 1999, it's quite an excellent view. Since the Soviet Union's massive May Day Parades are gone, you really can't see this kind of stuff anywhere in this world.

Well, the Marines I know celebrate their "birthday," but as far as I know the Army does not follow suit, however we do have Veterans Day on November 11, and our Independence on July 4th.

SHERMAN said:

There must be well a "birthday" of Israeli Army I bet, the day the Israeli Army was established. I think for a country like Israel u gotta have a Army Day to celebrate, without this Army there would be no Israel country.

Yes, but that is not Army Day. It is in memory of all members of all branches, as well as police, intel community and civilians killed in terror attacks....

scott.moore said:
ANZAC Day 25 Apr

Rememberance Day at 11am, 11 Nov

The above two days are incorrect. Both are Rememberance days.

The Australian Army came into being, by an act of Parliament, on 1st March 1901. So on the 1st March, every year, the Army celebrates it's birthday.

Interesting fact: the telephone number for ADF Recruiting is 13 19 01 or 1st day of the 3rd month 1901.

Back