Does democratic china produce Hitler?

bulldogg said:
Ying, I hope we can grab a beer some day and discuss your fear of bears. :)
Your last point is very germaine (valid) to the discussion.
there is no problem for me to drink beer with u,if you are living in china now,we can achieve this easier.
in fact i only can drink two bottles of beer.
not good at drinking...:cool: :cool:

bulldogg said:
Let me know if you are down south sometime and we'll see if we can increase your tolerance.
:)
Do you mean that you are living in the south part of China?South China is far from me ,and the south China is so large a area.Can you tell me in detail?Guangdong?Zhejiang?Shanghai?Fujian?
Of cause I can increase my tolerance,cause when the time you meet a friend you will be very happy that you can enjoy more.

In Response To yingying's long post:

TOPIC: CRITICISM IS NOT RACISM

1. "china is not suitable for democracy":

The Chinese state might not have a democratic tradition, but I never wrote that the Chinese people cannot change the system over the longer term. Democracy, according to the Anglo-Saxon tradition, cannot be acquired in a matter of days. It takes years and years.

2. "We also did not experienced a so called "Enlightenment". do you think it is our fault that we are not the same as you and your culture?":

European capitalism developed hand in hand with a wide range of political philosophies. Personally, I think that it dangerous for a state to industrialize according to western patterns and not think about the societal turmoil that ripped Europe apart and led to serious domestic and regional instability. Democracy (even as limited as it is in the western states) has proven at least moderately successful in giving the people a small voice. I want this voice. I want to hear your voice.

3. "Or ,are you claiming that we are barbarines?????you should care about the rulls of thie forum. You should know that racial words are not allowed here.":

I never called the Chinese people "barbarians". This is your word. I am simply pointing out to the dangers of industrialization without a sane appreciation of the costs by the elite.

4. "And the racist are not welcomed here.yeah we did not experienced a so called “Enlightenment”,but we are still living ok. It is not our fault that we did not experienced that."

Why is criticism (even hard criticism) racist? Am I not allowed to have an opinion that differs significantly from yours. PLURALISM is DEMOCRACY! pluralism is not racist. Nor is it illegal. It is what makes democracy work.

5. "You said that china is frightening.i have no comments of this.because it is only your subjective judgement.":

The Chinese government frightens me. This viewpoint is not derived from racism or any subjective extrapolations. The current pattern of Chinese development indicates a revolution in international economic realities and in international relations. Revolution is by nature a frightening business. The future is uncertain. Show me how a fundamental shift in global affairs will benefit my life instead of degrading my future. If Chinese development will actually help me, hey, I will embrace it.

6. "in fact these words of yours are denigrating the repution of china.and you are making a crime yourself by your slander.":

Criticism, once again, is an important part of democratic society. I live in such a society. It is not a "Bad habit"...it defines who we are.

7. "You mentioned the wars of us with vietnem and india,but you should know that we are not the only country doing wars. In fact usa do wars more often then us, so why do you neglected them? Why do you critisise the usa government? Do you obverse the world with a coloured glass and with prejudice?".

The United States has not waged a war of territorial expansion for around 100 years. Why should I criticize the United States? The American empire protects me from foreign aggression. The United States offers me peace and prosperity. The American empire only expects minor obedience...I am even permitted to criticize it. Look at the work of Chomsky and others. These dissidents run free and continue the constructive traditions of all critics. The United States military is Germany's line of defence...they are a shield that protects us. Anyway, Why would I want to challenge the noble traditions of American liberty? The modern US, for all of their faults, represents the most "enlightened" empire the world has ever seen. I want the US to dominate the planet...it does, anyway, whether I like it or not.

8. "You said that we annexed the Tibet country . please give out your proof of Tibet is a country in the older days."

Rhetoric and, quite frankly, a viewpoint that only deepens my insecurity concerning the future.

9. "As the matters of Taiwan ,it is mere the unite of the whole country."

The question is: Will the international community accept an attempt by China to seize Taiwan?

10. "You said that china I think both usa and eu are still threatening china. Do you know that it is a fact ? do you think you are a justice man while you said this word? What you are really concerning is the interest of yours ,but you do not want to pursue you interest frankly, you just want to pursue your interest with several coats"

The theft by Chinese companies of European and American patents is so pronounced that western countries have complained time and time again. The Chinese "use" of foreign technology (like simply copying machine-tools without any recognition of rights) constitutes a crime. Do you think that such a policy demonstrates Chinese good will? This type of behaviour is not as "normal" as you suggest. That fact that you call this behaviour "normal" is frightening in itself.

Conclusion: Your accusation that I am a racist is an attempt to gloss over my very real criticisms of current Chinese developments. These criticisms were written using a provocative voice characteristic of western traditions. Criticism is not racism. PLURALISM IS A NOBLE THING...A VIRTUE.

Since it takes years to work in democratic ,so you should know that we need time to change. Please do not criticisize china much since we have not endured a long time.

Glad that you have concern the turmoil in china. But you should know that we should do something step by step. We can not do things in a instant orelse we will the same as russia. Industrilized country is not the pattent of the westen countries but the pattens of all the human being. In fact only the people in west did it earlier than others. In the future days all the people will be living in a industrilized country.

I just made my conclusion from your words. You did say that:
The Chinese culture did not experience the "Enlightenment" and has no understanding of western traditions or experiences
.It seem that I was wrong ,and I made a mistake.

You can not regard slander are the same as criticisize. There is difference between them . You made a crime by your slander while you did not give out the evidence.

As to the tibet subject I said you were rhetoric but you said I was rhetoric. It is really fuuny. In fact I do not think you have enough evidence to prove tibet had none realishionship with old china and in the old days tibet was once a country.

As to taiwan subject,I will not care about others. What are they ? what do they means ? I regared them as bug. We must unify our country is eternally right. We are the same . We must be work in a whole . Others have no rights to be involved in this matter. If they do want to be involved in this affair ,let it be. If I can be the chairman of our country I may regard others in this affair as the feature of the bird. It means that I regard them as air. In this field we need not argue ,need not negotiate,need not talk ,but just accept the truth that :chian and taiwan are the same and we must unify ourselves in the future without regarding the fellings of others.

As to the usa section. I am very glad you can realize that usa is the freedom defender of the world and the peace defender of the world. Galad that you are intelligent enough to realize this . Also I am very glad we are also living in such a nice earth. In fact I am try my best to post your words in a germany forum. And I want to know whether your compatirote are the same as you ,if you are really from germany. Can I make this conclusion that:all the things usa have done are right and all the things china have done is wrong? Is china a evil country in your eyes?

You did not reject my point one by one . You only selected some of them. I do not know why you shirk from them. May be that you do not have your couragement to face the reality. In fact I am not content with you random rejection. I would rather you reject them one by one.

Glad that the two passages of yours are not the same . In your first passage there are full of provocative and inclement words and slander words;and in the latter passages it seems that you have behavier in a decent way. I am very glad you have made this progress.

You should not regard criticism are the same as slander. You should not take domocracy as your shield for criticising the affairs of others . Do not work as a women . Do not alwanys care about others.

The reason why you have this thinking:
A--------In the past years china made great progress,envy may come easy in your country.
B--------The government of your country want to change the focus of your home affairs such as the bad economic situaition and the high rate of unemployment. They want to avoid the turmoil in your own country,so they always exaggerate the reality. China have always been sacrificed by the politicians in your culture.
C--------you do not know that we are living in a chnaging world. People in your culture always do not have enough couragement to face the reality bravely and they always indulging themselves in the old-golden days. They do not know that we are living in a changing world. The old egypt live nice;france was invincible when there was napoleon;usa is the greast power in the now world. You should know that we are living in a changing world ,we should face the world in the view of forward.

Once again you can not think criticism and slander are the same . what will you think if others always slander your country?

bulldogg said:
I think you are blurring lines of intent Ying.
I do know that mistake do not come in a single way. Both the two opposites parts involved in this matter are all wrong in a sense.
Unfortunatelly you are wrong, I did not stain the internet but others do not like the voice different from them.
In fact democracy do not means uniform ,I think.But means diversity.

It does but in point of fact you are not accepting diversity in views upon China but rather insisting on others conforming to your view.

May be you are right while you are claiming these words.But I think it will be better for both of us to re-think of the words:
We are always claiming the democracy,and we are all want others are the same as us. We are all self -centered man

I have consider a lot of miself,did you re-consider youself again?
If it is really a advice, we aill accept it with the thankness.

mistake do not come in a single way ,both of the two opposite parts are all wrong in a sense.

An alien concept to China is the idea of accepting criticism as a means of improving rather than a slight on their honour. I gladly will listen to any criticism of the US and not be threatened by it. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong but in the end you are as entitled to your opinion on ANY subject as I am to mine on ANY subject.

A wise man once said that you learn more from mistakes than from success so I would ask why one would not welcome someone showing them their mistakes?

A Quick Response to yingyang: [By the way, I find the normal quoting system quite cumbersome. I hope that I am allowed to quote in the manner chosen].

(1) "Glad that you have concern the turmoil in china. But you should know that we should do something step by step. We can not do things in a instant orelse we will the same as russia. Industrilized country is not the pattent of the westen countries but the pattens of all the human being. In fact only the people in west did it earlier than others. In the future days all the people will be living in a industrilized country".

Of course I am concerned about developments in China. Only from another direction. I am going to jettison ideals or ideology for the moment. I want you to think hard about the following point: How will changes in China improve the lives of the non-Chinese? Do not use an ideological framework. Or consider the sovereign rights of the Chinese people. We simply live in a world where actions have real consequences. If the Chinese state acts in a manner that degrades the current balance of power, it (as "revolutionizer") must take care not to alienate those states with equal or greater military might. For example, why should the United States accept Chinese regional or ultimately global dominance? Why? Give me a real reason or two. What will you and your people do for us? If China makes my life better, fine. If not, then I cannot personally condone a continued increase in Chinese power. China would represent a personal threat to me and those around me. Never forget, the Anglo-Saxon states (and many others) crushed Germany for attempting to alter the global balance of power. "Revolutionizing" states walk a thin line.

(2) "Since it takes years to work in democratic ,so you should know that we need time to change. Please do not criticisize china much since we have not endured a long time."

Criticism can lead to positive changes. As a communist, you should know that the dialectic is a process of change...thesis, antithesis, synthesis. Changes are only possible using alternative perspectives. Embrace diversity and not just the party line.

(3) "In the future days all the people will be living in a industrilized
country".

Sure. And then you can fly over to my apartment for some nice solyent green.

(4) "You can not regard slander are the same as criticisize. There is difference between them . You made a crime by your slander while you did not give out the evidence".

Am I on trial? For the love of God, what is my crime? Slander? Send in the "thought police".

(5) "As to the tibet subject I said you were rhetoric but you said I was rhetoric. It is really fuuny. In fact I do not think you have enough evidence to prove tibet had none realishionship with old china and in the old days tibet was once a country".

Here we go with semantics. I do not offer evidence because this is not an area of debate. I will not change your mind. You will not change my mind. Discussion closed. I, however, understand your perspective and it will influence how I view Chinese policy to a certain degree. Tibet constitutes an impasse.

(6) "As to taiwan subject,I will not care about others. What are they ? what do they means ? I regared them as bug. We must unify our country is eternally right. We are the same . We must be work in a whole . Others have no rights to be involved in this matter. If they do want to be involved in this affair ,let it be. If I can be the chairman of our country I may regard others in this affair as the feature of the bird. It means that I regard them as air. In this field we need not argue ,need not negotiate,need not talk ,but just accept the truth that :chian and taiwan are the same and we must unify ourselves in the future without regarding the fellings of others."

I understand, appreciate and (oddly enough) support your perspective to a certain degree. Many other people (including the elites in Washington) do not. Since these elites operate the most impressive military machine in human history, the Chinese government should think very hard about the consequences of any aggressive actions. We live in a complex world. You cannot just reduce everything to what you believe is right. What powerful people think actually counts.

(7) "As to the usa section. I am very glad you can realize that usa is the freedom defender of the world and the peace defender of the world. Galad that you are intelligent enough to realize this . Also I am very glad we are also living in such a nice earth. In fact I am try my best to post your words in a germany forum. And I want to know whether your compatirote are the same as you ,if you are really from germany. Can I make this conclusion that:all the things usa have done are right and all the things china have done is wrong?"

Do not bother posting my comments in a "Germany forum". You will learn quickly enough that some Germans support my views and others do not. As far as my citizenship is concerned, do you want a birth certificate or a look at my passport? Considering the recent calls for my execution, I think you will understand my unwillingness to offer any details. Furthermore, I never wrote that the US is guilt-free.

[8] "Is china a evil country in your eyes?"

I personally do not know if China today is an evil or good country. Nor do I really care. All countries seem to have both good and bad characteristics. I am not George Bush. The matter is simple: What will the Chinese government do for the West? More precisely, since the Walmart family and many other elites including the boys at VW are getting rich by abandoning the men and women who made them successful in the first place, what will China do for the average Joe?

(9) "You did not reject my point one by one . You only selected some of them. I do not know why you shirk from them. May be that you do not have your couragement to face the reality. In fact I am not content with you random rejection. I would rather you reject them one by one."

For godsakes, stop being rude. Furthermore, I do not care what you prefer. Feel honoured that I even take the time to decipher your nationalistic posts.

(10) "Glad that the two passages of yours are not the same . In your first passage there are full of provocative and inclement words and slander words;and in the latter passages it seems that you have behavier in a decent way. I am very glad you have made this progress."

The first post was a statement of my position. The second was a response. If I find the energy, I will write a bit more concerning my worldviews. See below for more "slander".

(11) "You should not regard criticism are the same as slander. You should not take domocracy as your shield for criticising the affairs of others . Do not work as a women . Do not alwanys care about others."

I am obviously not Chinese...I like women. Since there are so few women in China these days, owing to the one-child policy, I guess you have minimal exposure. Here is a refresher. Women are better than men in many ways. They are tough yet soft. They are violent yet subdued. They are egotistical yet caring. Confused? So am I. In any case, women make most aspects of life at least interesting.

(12) "In the past years china made great progress,envy may come easy in your country...The government of your country want to change the focus of your home affairs such as the bad economic situaition and the high rate of unemployment".

Sure! I am envious of wage slavery, communist dictatorial oppression, sweeping censorship, massive poverty, ecological disaster, etc. I would rather be on welfare in Germany than work at a factory in China. We have things called health care and labour laws, by the way. You don't see people dying of cholera over here or children in our factories. And our coal miners do not have a life expectancy of 6 months. Our government sometimes actually cares about the people...they have no other choice. Elections...you know.

(13) "you do not know that we are living in a chnaging world. People in your culture always do not have enough couragement to face the reality bravely and they always indulging themselves in the old-golden days. They do not know that we are living in a changing world. The old egypt live nice;france was invincible when there was napoleon;usa is the greast power in the now world. You should know that we are living in a changing world ,we should face the world in the view of forward."

Wow, a declaration of war against the "decadent" west. I am shakin' in my boots.

(13) "Once again you can not think criticism and slander are the same . what will you think if others always slander your country?"

For the love of God, I am a GERMAN! I am used to slander. Slander is my middle name. Go ahead, slander on. Boo hoo, people might slander Germans. Jesus Christ, what planet do you live on? Anyway...I said that criticism is not racism. Interesting how that has suddenly vanished. I can, however, live with the label slanderous.

Ollie "the slanderous" Garchy

Ollie Garchy said:
Why is criticism (even hard criticism) racist? Am I not allowed to have an opinion that differs significantly from yours. PLURALISM is DEMOCRACY! pluralism is not racist. Nor is it illegal. It is what makes democracy work.
You just go way too far with your criticism, especially saying China is worse than Nazi Germany. As a german, I would be very cautious with countervailing nazi crimes as this is a sure way to discredit your whole reasoning. And it really is an absurd comparison anyway. Even if the cultural revolution, etc. cost many victims you have to put things into perspective. The nazi regime was in charge of a nation of 70 million people, for only 12 years - and they managed to cause 20 million deads. The chinese communists have been in power more than 4 times that long, they're in charge of a nation 20 times bigger. Now thats comparing apples and oranges!

For the rest of your argument: you bring up important points but the way you present them is polemic and one-sided, about as far from being fair comment as the usual antiamerican rhetoric you hear from antiglobalists and islamists.

You criticise the lack of environmental protection in China - that's indeed a problem, but not one the chinese have a monopoly on. You have similar problems in India, Russia, and many other countries.

You say the rising chinese consumption of oil and other ressources will cause an energy crisis - I would rather say "trigger", the underlying cause is that the west has ruthlessly exploited natural ressources all around the globe for decades already, without planning for tomorrow. Western Europe and the US' oil consumption is higher than that of the rest of the world together.

You say chinese foreign policy is threatening Europe and the U.S. - maybe you know things I don't know, but from what I've read the chinese government seems pretty sane and pragmatic to me. If the north koreans were like the chinese there would be no problem in the region.

Last edited:
ONE
Glad that you concern the development of China and thanks for your good advice. We should take care about the feelings of others. In fact we know this deeply. Do you think we are the fools? In fact so simple a truth everyone knows deeply. So your advice is superfluous. But I do thank your good advice if you are not inclement. You said that:
If the Chinese state acts in a manner that degrades the current balance of power, it (as "revolutionizer") must take care not to alienate those states with equal or greater military might.

Never forget, the Anglo-Saxon states (and many others) crushed Germany for attempting to alter the global balance of power. "Revolutionizing" states walk a thin line.
Are you threatening us ? Do you want to swagger us? In fact ,if someone want to browbeat us,someone will know that we are not afraid the words of browbeating. In your following sections you said that
Wow, a declaration of war against the "decadent" west. I am shakin' in my boots.
But I think your aboving words just shows that you have made a declaration against China. Do you think I am right?

You said that
For example, why should the United States accept Chinese regional or ultimately global dominance? Why? Give me a real reason or two.
I had never said that we want to dominate others and the globe. This is mission impossible for us. And our government do not have that aim two . All we want to do is to develop ourselver. In this sentence you have made another crime by your framing a case against others. I do not why a man well –educated ,come from a law-regrulated country can always do things in such a bad way. In fact I am very confused.

As you these words
If China makes my life better, fine. If not, then I cannot personally condone a continued increase in Chinese power. China would represent a personal threat to me and those around me.
I agree with you very deeply. All the people will care about the interest of others. But you should know that we are the same as you . And you are not the defender of the right but you are mere the defender of your own interest. So never criticisize China while you are claiming that you are the defender of the right ,you are the defender of the world peace. Never do it again. You should know that we are the same ,and may be that we are all the same bread. Never claim you are the defender of the right any more, I feel very boring .

TWO
You siad that
Criticism can lead to positive changes. As a communist, you should know that the dialectic is a process of change...thesis, antithesis, synthesis. Changes are only possible using alternative perspectives. Embrace diversity and not just the party line.
I know that Criticism can lead to positive changes. It seem that you are not always wrong sometimes.
To be honest I am not a communist ,but I do know that I should love my people. If you still doubt mt words ,please view all my posts. In fact I do not think communism is good enough. Since you are called me a communist ,I do know that you know little about china. I do think in this way. All the information in your brain may be the informatino in the Mao tsdong times. Once again ,if it is relly a good advice ,I will glad to accept it. You talked about philosophy. I know that people from Germany are good at philosophy. I do know that a world of diversity is a god world.

THREE
You said that
(3) "In the future days all the people will be living in a industrilized
country".
Sure. And then you can fly over to my apartment for some nice solyent green.
Ok ,this argument is over since it is a truth. But you should know in the future days there will be more countries just like the now china experience their industrilize history. Do you want to say that they are all the threatens of your country?
If you really do that ,I think you will have no hope. But living in a hopeless way.

FOUR
You said that
(4) "You can not regard slander are the same as criticisize. There is difference between them . You made a crime by your slander while you did not give out the evidence".
Am I on trial? For the love of God, what is my crime? Slander? Send in the "thought police".
We know that from your third passage that you made another crime . And that crime is your browbeating words and by your framing a case against another. Try to read my first section . Since you are wrong but you do not want to admit the or that you do not have your couragement to admit this.

FIVE
You said that
Here we go with semantics. I do not offer evidence because this is not an area of debate. I will not change your mind. You will not change my mind. Discussion closed. I, however, understand your perspective and it will influence how I view Chinese policy to a certain degree. Tibet constitutes an impasse.
Ok ,there will be no result foe our deeper argument ,so let us set it aside. But you should know that you did not give out enough evidece to prove tibet was once a country while you calling that is not your field. But you do absurdly assumed that tibet was once a country ,is this your field?

SIX
You said that
I understand, appreciate and (oddly enough) support your perspective to a certain degree. Many other people (including the elites in Washington) do not. Since these elites operate the most impressive military machine in human history, the Chinese government should think very hard about the consequences of any aggressive actions. We live in a complex world. You cannot just reduce everything to what you believe is right. What powerful people think actually counts.
Yes ,as chinese it our duty for us to unify our country. I think you knows about our situation in a degree.
Also these words are browbeating words. In fact I do not afraid of these words. As to others in our country ,I do not know. But it is probably a fact that they are the same as me.
Do you mean that we are living in a forest? And the only tiger can eat all the rabbit and the fox? Only the wordsof the one who has the biggest fist are right? Oh ,what a pity! A law-regulated culture and a democractic free world. From your words I began to doubt somethins.
Another I want to ask you : are you the elites in Washington? Why do you know the thoughts of them? Are you one of them ? Or are you a spy in usa government? I am very interesting in your story.

SEVEN
You said that
Do not bother posting my comments in a "Germany forum". You will learn quickly enough that some Germans support my views and others do not. As far as my citizenship is concerned, do you want a birth certificate or a look at my passport? Considering the recent calls for my execution, I think you will understand my unwillingness to offer any details. Furthermore, I never wrote that the US is guilt-free.[/uote]
Ok ,I will never talk about your real nation. It is a fact that you are right. Some of your compatriot support your views while there are many who do not agree with you. It seem that you are minority in your country. Hope that you can get along well with your compatriote.

EIGHT
You said that
I personally do not know if China today is an evil or good country. Nor do I really care. All countries seem to have both good and bad characteristics. I am not George Bush. The matter is simple: What will the Chinese government do for the West? More precisely, since the Walmart family and many other elites including the boys at VW are getting rich by abandoning the men and women who made them successful in the first place, what will China do for the average Joe?
It seem that china in your eyes is not a thorough evil country. But I did not see you good comment on china. It is really a pity.
You taled about the commen people in your conutry. And you talked about the unemployment in your country. Personally I know that in a sense china do made this happen. But I do know that if the factories will not be built in china ,and very probably the factories will be built in India,Vietnam,and other developing countries. You should know this. All the company want to find the low cost for their products. So why do you criticisiz the CEO of that big companies such as GE,Wallmart,Sony,BMW,etc.
In the modern world it is very commen to work as a whole for all the countries. In fact I think it will be better for you countries try to do others with high science,after all west countries are good in technology.

NINE
You said that
For godsakes, stop being rude. Furthermore, I do not care what you prefer. Feel honoured that I even take the time to decipher your nationalistic posts.

If I realy was rude,please forgive me. I will not rude any longer. We are just arguing,sice we have different background and different education.
You said you do not cara about my words . In fact it is a good pretext for your shirk from from my words. Glad you can use your ultimate weapon. And it is a pity your ultimate weapen is that you do not care about my words or you can not know the meaning of my sentence.
So let me to explain it in the following words: I want you to disprove all my points but not only select a few of them to disprove. Just do as what I have done :you have made 13 disproving passages, and I replied with 13 two.

You should know that from your second article you have missed some of them . And did not disprove my points one by one . You only selected some of them .
In fact I do not why you work in this way.

TEN
You said that
The first post was a statement of my position. The second was a response. If I find the energy, I will write a bit more concerning my worldviews. See below for more "slander".
Whether you admit or not I do can tell the difference between your first article and your second article. It is good you made it. This have no needs to argue. So put it aside.

ELEVEN
You said that
I am obviously not Chinese...I like women. Since there are so few women in China these days, owing to the one-child policy, I guess you have minimal exposure. Here is a refresher. Women are better than men in many ways. They are tough yet soft. They are violent yet subdued. They are egotistical yet caring. Confused? So am I. In any case, women make most aspects of life at least interesting.
I never called you chinese. Why do you say that ?
Yeah,it is true that there are more man in china than women. And I do know that there are more women in your country than men. Cause they died from ww1 and ww2.
At least you know that we have a one-child-per-family. Good. At least you do know some about us. What do you think about our this policy?
Do not criticisize this policy. Suppose that one day in the future we have 2 billion people ,do you know what will happen ? In that situation ,we will have no enough water ,no enough land ,no enough cattles, all the things in the world we will need. Then ,probably a war may happen. Whether china can win the war or not it will be a bad news for the world peace. We just sacrificed our own happiness to pursue the world peace. In fact if we really have 2 billion people ,we will be a more threaten than now,you should think in this way.
I think you are changing the topic. I refered you as a women who take commenting others as her career but you wrote a poem praising the women. Good . Glad you like literature, in fact I like also .
I want to ask you why you changed the topic? Are you really fool enough that can not know the meaning of my words? Of cause not . You are intelligent enough. You changed the topic on purpose. It is really a good chance for your shirk from something.

TWELVE
Youy said that
Sure! I am envious of wage slavery, communist dictatorial oppression, sweeping censorship, massive poverty, ecological disaster, etc. I would rather be on welfare in Germany than work at a factory in China. We have things called health care and labour laws, by the way. You don't see people dying of cholera over here or children in our factories. And our coal miners do not have a life expectancy of 6 months. Our government sometimes actually cares about the people...they have no other choice. Elections...you know.
Try to check my first article . Do you know the economic commensense? If germany have 1.3 billion people,germany can also have a so called slavery wage. And you do should know that it is not the factories of china enjoying the slavery wage but it is the companies from USA and Japan and Germany enjoying the slavery. Do you know this ? Yon only noticed the unemployment cause by Wallmart but you do not know some deeper. It is realy a pity.
As to the environment subject to read my first article two.
In this section I do admit there are some thing we can not do very well. I know that we need time to change more. Please trust us that we will do better and better. Please have a larger tolerancem,will you ?

THIRTEEN
You said that
If you really think it is a declaration of war, I can do nothing. But I do telling the truth. In fact some power can last for a long time ,some can last only a short time, in the history speaking. I am just telling the truth. If you do regard it as a declaration against west, I will feel very pity that you are so combative and so irritable.

FOURTEEN
You said that
For the love of God, I am a GERMAN! I am used to slander. Slander is my middle name. Go ahead, slander on. Boo hoo, people might slander Germans. Jesus Christ, what planet do you live on? Anyway...I said that criticism is not racism. Interesting how that has suddenly vanished. I can, however, live with the label slanderous.
I never siad you from usa or england. Do you think so ?why do you say that “For the love of God, I am a GERMAN!”
In fact if your advice are kindly ,there is no problem for us to accept it.
If you are really giving out criticise ,you have done fulsome maybe.
As to slander try to check my earlier sections.

ying ying,I guess it's not a good place to practice your foreign language. even if you can come up with a very good augument, by the time you turn around, you would only found them backstabbing.

sometimes those ignorants of these kind made me feel that it's good to have some censorship in place just to keep out those groundless accusation (big difference from reasonable criticision). they blame us for everything you could possibly think of for their own failure.

Mod Edit: Use English

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice blanket statements... mind enlightening me as to which accusations are groundless?

Could you name a failure of mine that I have laid blame to China?

loki said:
You just go way too far with your criticism, especially saying China is worse than Nazi Germany. As a german, I would be very cautious with countervailing nazi crimes as this is a sure way to discredit your whole reasoning. And it really is an absurd comparison anyway. Even if the cultural revolution, etc. cost many victims you have to put things into perspective. The nazi regime was in charge of a nation of 70 million people, for only 12 years - and they managed to cause 20 million deads. The chinese communists have been in power more than 4 times that long, they're in charge of a nation 20 times bigger. Now thats comparing apples and oranges!

For the rest of your argument: you bring up important points but the way you present them is polemic and one-sided, about as far from being fair comment as the usual antiamerican rhetoric you hear from antiglobalists and islamists.

You criticise the lack of environmental protection in China - that's indeed a problem, but not one the chinese have a monopoly on. You have similar problems in India, Russia, and many other countries.

You say the rising chinese consumption of oil and other ressources will cause an energy crisis - I would rather say "trigger", the underlying cause is that the west has ruthlessly exploited natural ressources all around the globe for decades already, without planning for tomorrow. Western Europe and the US' oil consumption is higher than that of the rest of the world together.

You say chinese foreign policy is threatening Europe and the U.S. - maybe you know things I don't know, but from what I've read the chinese government seems pretty sane and pragmatic to me. If the north koreans were like the chinese there would be no problem in the region.

Purely argumentative reasoning, Loki. Comparisons are a normal part of intellectual discourse. I reject the argument that Hitler and Nazi-Germany represent "untouchable" subjects. Nor do I heed the arguments of men like Guido Knopp who browbeat Germans into accepting the "Sonderweg" thesis. Quantitative and qualitative data counts. [I do not, however, want to start an argument. If you feel that my position is wrong, fine. Just please refrain from warning me or telling me to be "cautious". I was only responding to the use of Nazism in earlier posts. If they do it; I'll do it. Nazism is dead. Buried. The typical German paranoia concerning the past only holds back a logical appreciation of why the idiotic political philosophy even emerged in the first place.]

The rest of your "rebuttal" of an obviously saracastic post demonstrates a great sensitivity towards the Third World. Commendable? Maybe. I did, however, write a propaganda piece that was intended to heat up the discussion. Why? China, even if that state were liberal and democratic, would by virtue of domestic organizational talent and the large number of citizens become a major global player. Potential Chinese economic power forces the west to think about the consequences. These consequences, especially for average Germans and not the elite, verge on the catastrophic. If we do not adapt, what will happen to us? Think about the following:

(1) Cheap Third World production (based on low wages and an extremely poor environmental policy) has already revolutionized Germany. Millions of unskilled Germans cannot find jobs because manufacturers have moved their facilities to countries where they can more fully exploit the local population. Since many of the German unemployed cannot and will not subject themselves to the rigours of higher eduction, they represent a permanent class of structurally poor with no hope and no future. Do you think this is a good thing? Chinese (or Polish or Indian, etc.) labour policy and global trade patterns have systematically destroyed what our forefathers (the trade unionists) have fought for...the right to live a decent life.

(2) Cheap Third World production will also ruin the environment. Think about scale. German industry cannot possibly do the same damage as uncontrolled Chinese and Indian industrial expansion. Our firms are once again heavily responsible. European capitalists revolt against official environmental policy. From their perspective, it makes sense to move to where energy is cheap, the labour is cheaper, and no laws inhibit their greed. They then bring the Third World our technology and the situation gets even worse.

Even without an aggressive China, the future is bleak. Can we stop this development? Of course we can. Our societies created the problem in the first place. It, like all human endeavours, is not due to the unknown laws of nature. Policies in China mingled with capitalist greed. I can only say one thing: trade barriers, trade barriers, trade barriers. The west should erect a system that forces Third World countries to consider (1) significant wage increases and (2) environmental protection. We have to level the playing field.

Many economists despise this "solution" and argue for more advanced western technologies...ie. more western development and a more highly skilled population. The fact that tens of millions of westerners cannot adapt is accepted as unfortunate. I will NOT argue the right of the Chinese to develop themselves in a way that condemns millions of Europeans and Americans to a life of misery. If you are a typical German, Loki, you will argue precisely for that eventuality. If not, great. I can only say: those Europeans who support Third World development at European expense should slit their own wrists before condemning millions of their countrymen to destitution. The problem is that the intellectual and business elite know full well that they will profit at the expense of millions of their own damn people. Maybe it is time to get "socialist" and start hitting back at our own companies?

Quick Additional Conclusion: The previous sections demonstrate that I in fact do not care about China...only Chinese developments as they impact the lives of western citizens.

[Add an aggressive China to the argument, and we really have a problem on our hands]

Ollie Garchy said:
I would rather be on welfare in Germany than work at a factory in China. We have things called health care and labour laws, by the way.
Yes thats part of our problem because those things cost a lot of money. As does having a democracy in general - maintaining a democracy and individual liberties in the long run is pretty much impossible until a certain level of common wealth is reached. Thats why democracy hardly ever works out in Africa, and democracies in less-developed south american and south-east asian countries struggle with corruption, nepotism and peculation. Its also the reason why Russia is partially abandonning democracy step by step while only a fracture of the population seems to bother.

The less money you have, the bigger your problems are, the more does democracy become a burden.

You can't criticise the lack of human rights and liberties in China and at the same time be against their market economy project.
Either one accepts a prosperous China to emerge over the next decades (and understands that any development towards democracy should happen at the same pace) or one consequently has to stop reproaching them for not having a western style democracy. A poor, liberal China is a contradiction in itself - how could a country with so many well-trained, motivated workers and such a positive attitude towards education not be at least moderatly succesful in international competition?

An introduction of democracy without the necessary economical foundations could be hazardous, wherewith we are back to the original topic.

---

Edit: Sorry didn't see you replied beforehand, i'll edit comments in later.

---

Ollie Garchy said:
The rest of your "rebuttal" of an obviously saracastic post demonstrates a great sensitivity towards the Third World. Commendable? Maybe. I did, however, write a propaganda piece that was intended to heat up the discussion.
Ok, I already suspected you didn't mean this dead-serious. But its hard to detect that on the internet. And I think its even more confusing for someone from a different culture with different manners.

Ollie Garchy said:
Since many of the German unemployed cannot and will not subject themselves to the rigours of higher eduction, they represent a permanent class of structurally poor with no hope and no future. Do you think this is a good thing? Chinese (or Polish or Indian, etc.) labour policy and global trade patterns have systematically destroyed what our forefathers (the trade unionists) have fought for...the right to live a decent life.
Of course I don't think this is a good thing. But I don't think its the fault of Chinese/Indian/... labour policy either. It is the U.S. and Europe that by means of the IMF, WTO, Worldbank have excerted pressure on those countries to open their markets and make foreign investments easy. Clearly not in the interest of their own people, I agree.

Ollie Garchy said:
Can we stop this development? Of course we can. Our societies created the problem in the first place. It, like all human endeavours, is not due to the unknown laws of nature. Policies in China mingled with capitalist greed. I can only say one thing: trade barriers, trade barriers, trade barriers. The west should erect a system that forces Third World countries to consider (1) significant wage increases and (2) environmental protection. We have to level the playing field.
I admit this sounds tempting. But I doubt it can be implemented. The west has been preaching liberalization of trade for years. And the only parties that might propagate something as "backwards" as that are on the far left and I don't like the other things they offer. I guess so do you, especially concerning foreign policy.

Anyway, I think the problem might eventually solve itself when the oil price goes through the roof in 10-20 years. This will make transportation more expensive, as well as the production in low-tech countries in general. Meanwhile I guess the best our government(s) can do is to minimize the losses, i.e. by supporting small and medium businesses.

Regards, loki

Last edited:
Back