does anyone think that hitler was a very smart man

trigger

eventhough i know that we would have kicked hitlers a** anyway, i still think he was a very smart and educated man, if his "secret" weapons had come out, i think we would have had a run for our money, just want to know what every1 thinks.

For starters, they were not "his" weapons, I highly doubt he spent much time in labs coming up with any of this stuff. The only thing I might credit him with is craftiness in the area of psychology, specifically mob psychology.

ok

Well, yes and no. He was a great politician, and great speacher. He was not at all educated, he was a madman. He was incomtent as a stratigist. And as for his secret weapons, he had little to do with them...The german scientists are responsible for that...

The only thing I give him is the ability to go from a bum to conquerer of ¾ of Europe. Not many people would be able to do that, and there his positive traits end.

Hitler? smart? educated? :lol:
no way man.....
he served in WWI as an courierbiker (?), and was awarded with the Iron Cross for accidently surviving a attack with C Weapons....
after the war he tried become an artist but he was to bad for the art academy, so he decided to move into politics.....
In the chaos of the Weimarer republik he decided to go to a unknown nationalistic party.....the party tried to revolt and the politicians were arrested..i think hitler got 1 or 2 years (im out of school some time).
during that time he wrote his mein kampf.
After that some leading politicians of the nsdap were searching for a man who could get them more popular and they decided to give hitler a minor job and let him do some speeches.....*bang*
they reckognized that that he has an awfull effect on the crowd....
since then they used him to push the nsdap to the lead....
It wasnt even planned to make him the leader, but hitler did some very diplomatic speaches with the leader of the government and he decided to suggest hitler as the new Reichspresident.
At this time the SA wiped out almost every serious political opponent of hitler, by killing them. Actually at this time political fights were transferred on the streets by paying old WWI units, which havent learned anything in their life but to kill people. The streets of berlin looked like a battlefield sometimes during that period when the units fought with machine guns and morters against each other.
So the election was a farce, because there were no serious opponents, because they knew if they would challenge him they would be murdered.
So Hitler won......
ANd he was a terrible strategist.....
If he would let have his generals do their work, and wouldnt bring his "brilliant" suggestions into the plannings, europe would be germany.
Absolutely sure.......
That was the short version of short period of the Weimarer Republik

Pollux said:
...i think hitler got 1 or 2 years (im out of school some time).
during that time he wrote his mein kampf.

He was sentanced for 5 years but he ended up serving less than a year because of amnesty.

Hitler was so smart that he was dumb. The way he could turn a whole nation against an entire people, but that ultimatly killed him. He was a madman who got lucky that the soviets didnt get to him... I would have loved to see that

airmanpatroler said:
Hitler was so smart that he was dumb. The way he could turn a whole nation against an entire people, but that ultimatly killed him. He was a madman who got lucky that the soviets didnt get to him... I would have loved to see that
:shock: :shock: :shock:
This is what that same airmanpatroler said in the '"What happened to Hitler" thread:
airmanpatroler said:
Hitler survived and was captured and tortured to death by russian soldiers
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1787
I'm confused here......

In certain areas Hitler was very smart, just as some of us are. I had to do a biography report on him for my history class, and I've also read Mein Kampf. Trust me, he was a very smart man. To say he was not a smart strategist is kind of funny. If you want to see genious, read his book Mein Kampf. He wrote it while in prison for that year, and he explains what he is going to do when he comes to power. Who he will conquer and even in the order. And guess what-- everything happened except for him exterminating the jewish race. Yes he did not get into art school but thats on part of his academic grades, and he also had a different style of drawing. He had the ability to glance at a building once and draw it out on paper in perfect detail. Hitler was a madman yes, but just because he was a madman, does not mean we should question his genious.

IrishWizard said:
. Hitler was a madman yes, but just because he was a madman, does not mean we should question his genious.
There's a very thin line between genious and madness. I've heard someone say once that it depends on the outcome. I agree with you, IrishWizard

ok i think that was a missunderstanding.....
he was a good strategist, in diplomatics and politics, but not in military

Not to get off topic...but I wonder did Hitler ever take the equivelent of an I.Q. (Intelligence Quotient) test? and if so, is it available?

Just asking...back on topic

:D

lol
i think nobody in the third reich would have dared so say to the Führer that his IQ is below 500

Kind of like Stalin and Saddam's "degrees" from their nations' most prestigious universities. :lol:

Mark Conley said:
Not to get off topic...but I wonder did Hitler ever take the equivelent of an I.Q. (Intelligence Quotient) test? and if so, is it available?

Just asking...back on topic

:D
Just after World War II, Dr. G.M. Gilbert, a psychologist-psychiatrist, was given access to the prisoners who were to be put on trial for war crimes at Nuremberg. Included in his examination was a German version of the American Wechsler-Bellevue Adult Intelligence Test. The results of those tests, presented in the table below, may be found in Dr. Gilbert's book, Nuremberg Diary, and also in The Reich Manual, p. 363, by Leonard Mosley.

Name IQ
1. Hjalmar Schacht 143
2. Arthur Seyss-Inquart 141
3. Hermann Goering 138
4. Karl Doenitz 138
5. Franz von Papen 134
6. Erich Raeder 134
7. Dr. Hans Frank 130
8. Hans Fritsche 130
9. Baldur von Schirach 130
10. Joachim von Ribbentrop 129
11. Wilhelm Keitel 129
12. Albert Speer 128
13. Alfred Jodl 127
14. Alfred Rosenberg 127
15. Constantin von Neurath 125
16. Walther Funk 124
17. Wilhelm Frick 124
18. Rudolf Hess 120
19. Fritz Sauckel 118
20. Ernst Kaltenbrunner 113
21. Julius Streicher 106
It's interesting to speculate on what Adolf Hitler's IQ might have been. I think we're on pretty safe ground in saying that he must have been at least as bright as the top members on this list. If he hadn't been, these wolves would surely have torn him apart.
http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/grady/emptypromise.html

hitlar was a maniac who had no idea how torun a war, which is why he was spotted filling up elvises gas tank in vegas yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Redneck said:
Kind of like Stalin and Saddam's "degrees" from their nations' most prestigious universities. :lol:

That reminded me of the brutal dictator's [Hussein] penchant for reading and writing romance novels. Oh, the irony. :lol:

IMO, Hitler was fairly intelligent. Higher than average, lower than super genius. At least on par with some of his more eggheaded party members. He was an autodidact, much of his learning came through his own willingness and comprehension of study so it would be difficult to gage his intelligence based on performances during his school time. I would say he was far more cunning than intelligent, however.

Back