does anyone know what this Third Reich motto means?

Cool

It is what i think is a motto that is on a third Reich Dress Bayonet that i have in my collection that i have just purchased. On one side it says Jager Regiment 99 and on the other it has Erinnerungan Meine Diensbeit.
I think the Jager Regiment 99 of the third Reich was a mountain hunter regiment but i am not to sure about that either?? If anyone can translate this motto for me and also shed some light on this Jager Regiment 99 of the Third Reich it would be of great help to me!!!:) Thanks! Cool.

i got a partial on that quote except its not "Erinnerungan Meine Diensbeit" its "Erinnerung an Meine Diensbeit". It means "memory of my" and whatever "deinsbeit" means.

Thanks Behemoth79 !

Thanks for that translation! The words on the blade are in Gothic style and are quite close together so it's hard to read them properly! Well at least i know what most of the words say, not to sure if it's a motto though?? All i have to do now is find out who the Jager Regiment 99 were?? Big thanks anyhows!! :) cool.

Solved the Puzzle!

I now know what the motto on my Third Reich Dress Bayonet says with the extra info that i got from Behemoth and some more research!
The motto is the standard military service motto of the third Reich. " Erinnerung an Meine Dienstzeit the forth last letter was not what i thought it was B but t z! This German Gothic writing is really difficult to read! The motto translates out in English as "Memory of my Military Service" And the other side of the blade Translates from " Jager Regiment 99" Rifle Regiment 99. Still can't find any information on this Regiment so if any one can shine some light on this for me it will be much appreciated! :) Cool. And thanks again Behemoth 79 for your help on this!

Back