Does Anybody Care?

Damien435

So, almost a week after Beckham arrived in America, I have to ask the question, does anybody care? Very few in America care because, well, it's soccer. Very few in Europe will admit that they care because they claim that Beckham is all washed out anyways. So does anybody really care that Beckham jumped the pond and will be playing in America? I personally couldn't care less, the MLS is a joke with only.... 9? teams, not even enough to make one conference in any other sport in America and yet it gets treated like it is on par with the NFL, MLB, NASCAR, NBA and NHL.

No...No one cares, because anyone who knows soccer well enough knows that the rest of Europe is right...He IS all washed out. America has a LONG way to go before international recognition and national popularity for soccer increases.

The only reason I know who Beckham is, is because he was in Cosmopolitan...otherwise I wouldn't have a clue cause I don't watch soccer blehh!

I think that it is too early to give an opinion. Let's see what happens in a year. Once he gets healthy and starts having a marketing impact... I will hold off judgement until then.

Bingo, the marketing impact will probably be big.

In a year he´d not take a shirt in any european league.
But it´ll probably still be enough to revolutionise american fotball..Oh sorry, soccer.

Dang what a gay name you all have given the sport..lol..

//KJ.

Soccer is popular in other parts of the world only because the other sports they watch are curling, cricket and darts...:sleep:

ok if they call soccer fotball, then do they have football football?

Well there is american football, austrailian football and then there is rugby.

As for the dart remark.
We have a few athletes playing a little sport called Icehockey, ever heard of it?
Peter Forsberg, Mats Sundin, Niklas Lidström, Daniel Alfredsson, Markus Näslund. Henrik and Daniel Sedin, Henrik Zetterberg, Henrik Lundqvist, Tomas Holmström..
To name a few that have made an impact on their respective NHL Teams.

Then again, icehockey is gay too so.

Baseball is a great sport though...Middleaged fat guys knocks a ball away a few yards and then try to get their fat asses around a pitch smaller then my backyard..
Entertaining...ehh perhaps.
Athletes..ehh no.

American football?
Steroidpacked gymrats made of sugar.
Carry more protective gear then all tricks picking up Thai hookers combined and still breaks atleast twice per season.

No give me Aussie football anyday over that crap.
Some of those guys are hardcore mf,ers.

Basketball was quite cool to watch for awhile though, when the US Teams led the way.
Now they get beaten by any nation that have more then 100 registered players in total.

Track and field is almost the one remaining worldwide sport that the US can claim world dominance in.
Hopefully it won´t turn out they were just better then everybody else to give their athletes drugs.

//KJ, a cynical bastard.

ok then what's the difference in american football and austrailian football?

and KJ you ever play baseball?

Dang what a gay name you all have given the sport..lol..

//KJ.

Gay sport, gay name. It's appropriate in its own way.

Basketball was quite cool to watch for awhile though, when the US Teams led the way.
Now they get beaten by any nation that have more then 100 registered players in total.

Two losses in as many decades and suddenly it's like the world is coming to an end.

Last edited:
ok then what's the difference in american football and austrailian football?

and KJ you ever play baseball?

No paddings in Aussie football.
And basically no holds barred.
Well not true, I think ******* grappling is off limits.

And yes, I had to try baseball in school.
But when I discovered I had less then 50% bodyfat I had to give it up.:)

No paddings in Aussie football.
And basically no holds barred.
Well not true, I think ******* grappling is off limits.

And yes, I had to try baseball in school.
But when I discovered I had less then 50% bodyfat I had to give it up.:)

ok to that first one OWWW!! I should HOPE that that is off limits

and all I say about the baseball thing, is that your school must not have had a very good baseball team, wait it is europe...baseball isn't as serious as it is here.

baseball isn't that popular among younger kids in the US anymore, because it requires effort, unlike soccer, where they can just mindlessly run like idiots and no one will care.

ok to that first one OWWW!! I should HOPE that that is off limits

and all I say about the baseball thing, is that your school must not have had a very good baseball team, wait it is europe...baseball isn't as serious as it is here.

baseball is pretty much non-existant outside of the US and japan as far as i know anyway.

softball is a reasonably big summer sport here in NZ, but cricket is far bigger

i dont know what it is, but North americans just dont seem to "get" rugby, or football (soccer)

Back