Does Anybody Care?

This last year we played soccer in gym, it was ok, but it's not the same as softball. It seems like more people get to be involved at one time when playing softball, so its not so boring that 20 people are chasing this ball around in the grass.

and for people who think its so easy to play baseball/softball you pick up a bat in front of the mirror and look at your swing, take note that it looks nothing like Frank White's swing, or Lisa Fernandez's. If your wondering how long it would take to make your swing that way, let me just use my swing as an example. I started drills at four years old and hit thousands of balls off a tee. It would just take too long to describe to you what it takes to make you a good hitter

baseball is pretty much non-existant outside of the US and japan as far as i know anyway.

softball is a reasonably big summer sport here in NZ, but cricket is far bigger

i dont know what it is, but North americans just dont seem to "get" rugby, or football (soccer)

slow-pitch softball right?

slow-pitch softball right?

i really wouldn't call it "slow pitch".

the ball is pitched under arm, but at quite a rate of knots.

not sure how it stacks up speed-wise with US baseball

I like rugby, I do not understand cricket.

Why must the scoring and fieldmarking be so odd?

...because it's a british game...and you must have rules to debate over a cup of tea what?

but seriously, personally i find it easier to follow cricket than say, US football

both are complicated games, and equally confusing to outsiders

i must admit though, i am puzzled by your comment about cricket field markings....as there are hardly any bar the actual wicket area

Last edited:
i really wouldn't call it "slow pitch".

the ball is pitched under arm, but at quite a rate of knots.

not sure how it stacks up speed-wise with US baseball

hahahahaha!! wow that just shows me how much I really hate slow-pitch. Idk about the slow-pitch there, but here the ball comes in there about 20 mph. SLOW-pitch

If you think thats fast I'd like to see what you'd think about a ball coming at you at 60 mph from 40 feet away!

no i think speeds of between 70 and 110+ Kph would be expected. no idea what that would be in Mph (70+ mph???)....but no where near as slow as what you're talking of

It's not our fault!!

but I do have to say metric is an easier system, except for the whole liters thing, I like gallons better

so how far is the pitching rubber to home plate (in feet PLEASE!!)

oi! any sport you can play one handed while holding a pint in the other is OK by me

Agreed, but the masses don't turn out for the matches. I played on a team (NAS Keflavik) that traveled around and played other bases...Darts and Pints I am goood at :)

Back