does any one no if there is .....

cadet richards

does ne one no if there is ne international cadet exchanges goin to happen from the uk to canada or ne where else who talks english thanks :rambo:

cadet richards said:
does ne one no if there is ne international cadet exchanges goin to happen from the uk to canada or ne where else who talks english thanks :rambo:

Is that english?

IACE (International Air Cadet Exchange) holds exchanges to UK and Canada.

There is an exchange program offered as a summer course. However, the selection is usually very tight and from my experience, it's mainly Senior Cadets that are selected. However, junior cadets are still eligible (I think), but don't quote me.

If you're interested about an going on an exchange, talk to your Officers, they should be able to provide you with some information.

There are other exchanges during the year for some Cadet units, but most of the time, those are co-ordinated with both units. Funding for the trip is sometimes a major issue for some units as well.

If you are a sea cadet, you can go to the most places around the world. But you need to be Petty-officer 3rd class in order to go.

For CAP you have to be 17 and a C/Capt in order to go. You can to almost any place, provided they have a CAP squadron near by.

Time said:
Petty-officer 3rd class

Petty Officer 3rd class? new to me. Anyway, Sea cadets are hard pressed to get exchanges here in the north. The only cadet exchange program(tyhat I know of) is with air cadets for 6 weeks. You can go just about anywhere in the world.

thanks guys im an air cadet my CO (comanding officer) told me about 1 to the usa but u av to be 16 and at least sgt or higher so im out of that compitition but im interested in one to turkey but worried because its near iraq and near terrorists

nulli secundus said:
For CAP you have to be 17 and a C/Capt in order to go. You can to almost any place, provided they have a CAP squadron near by.

There doesn't have to be a squadron near by. On CAPs side you usually don't go to a CAP meeting outside the US. So there is no pre-requisite of a CAP squadron.

CAP is the only US organization that hosts IACE. So, either join CAP and become a Earhart cadet (C/Capt) and be 17 to go or not.

wat the hell is a CAP sqn? cos we dont have a CAP here in the uk im cdt richards 354 dover sqn kent wing thats it wot does CAP stand for?

CAP is the Civil Air Patrol (American air cadets) IACE holds a UK-Canada exchange summer cousrse every year. As NCdt. Steliga said, it's mainly senior cadets. In the RCACS (Royal Canadian Air Cadets), you must be proficiency level 5 or higher to be eligeble. O, by the way, are you ATC or CCF?

pimp_squeak said:
Time said:
Petty-officer 3rd class

Petty Officer 3rd class? new to me. Anyway, Sea cadets are hard pressed to get exchanges here in the north. The only cadet exchange program(tyhat I know of) is with air cadets for 6 weeks. You can go just about anywhere in the world.

all of our exchanges have been cancelled for the year, because of bad US relations with Canada

Time said:
pimp_squeak said:
Time said:
Petty-officer 3rd class

all of our exchanges have been cancelled for the year, because of bad US relations with Canada

http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/article_14050.shtml

bush was arrested according to this :lol:

nulli secundus said:

This is true. I know a few IACE cadets who went to Britain for a while. Maybe one of our friends from across the pond knows a fellow by the name of Zaborowski.

nulli secundus said:

And provided it's not a war zone. I know a c/Maj(now a c/Col) who was slated to go to Isreal before the suicide bombings started getting nasty. So he went to Great Britain, instead.

silent driller said:
nulli secundus said:

And provided it's not a war zone. I know a c/Maj(now a c/Col) who was slated to go to Isreal before the suicide bombings started getting nasty. So he went to Great Britain, instead.

Grrrrrrrreat... Israel is my first choice for countries.

Back