does any one know a place to buy a sherman tank

goaliedude66630

does any one know a place to buy a sherman tank my uncle has 112 acreas of property and i would like a sherman to play with down there

goaliedude66630 said:
does any one know a place to buy a sherman tank my uncle has 112 acreas of property and i would like a sherman to play with down there

Your kidding, right? I would think you'd need a bit of money, but you should look at military replica sites...

thanks

no im not really i would like to have one me and my one buddy would like to start a kinda world war 2 mussuem adn i would like to by the b-17 they have at willow run air port in MI where my dad works as a firemen but if anyone knows where i could buy any WWII weapons i would really like to know

unusual request...but perfectly legal.

Lets be very practical about this. Yes you can have a private ownership of a sherman tank in the US. Theres a whole slew of problems geting one registered an all, and de-armed so it will pass the BAFT, but provide you have the resources, yes you can own a tank.

Now for the tricky part...where can I buy one...?

Contact the people who make war films in hollywood. When they needed special props for films and such, they used contacts in yugoslavia, spain, rommania, and such to supply them with military hardware from WWII. One country that comes to mind is Israel, although they may not want to part with something that helped save the country over and over. But if you truly are serious, and have the resources to do it..contact the film companys to see if they still have the information on countries that currently have WW II vehicles in their inventories.

You may think im joking..but im dead serious.

Have you considerd salvage? there are approximetly 120 shermans at the bottom of the sea...right off the coast of france...still in fairly good condition. Yes, im talking about the D-day Landing sites...there are some areas that are not protected as the war memorial sites, and salvage at 100-200 feet depth is not as complicate today as it was in 1944.

There are also numerous shipments in ships around the british Isles, and quite a few off the coast of the US when the blitz was on from the U-boats.

Your best bets for obtaining one is from the film industry. Go for it, and let us know how you do.

:tank:

Oh, that'd be great...in a park in the country some couple is having a nice picnic lunch, then *insert tank noise* this Sherman comes over the hill and starts tearing everything up. :rambo:

yea youre3 right and then a tiger comes on the left flank and then a tank buster blows up the tiger and then its shot down by an 88 which is blow up by a b-17

Back