DoD Civillian Retiree ID card

E5NVY

To whom this may concern,

I would like to ask a question reguarding my eligibility to gain access to a DoD Civillian Retiree Card.

I served in the United States Navy as an E-5 for 12 years straight. I was Honorably Discharged and continued on into a United States Federal Goverment Job at the United States Postal Service. I am now 65 years old and retiring is at close hands for me. I do not need any of the health benefits that a DoD card provides but instead would like to enjoy the recreational activities that all DoD retirees get to enjoy.

Please let me know If I am eligiable

Thankyou and GodBless,
United States Navy Veteran of 12 years
Electricians First Mate/E-5
Honorably Discharged
Vietnam Veteran

i dont see why you wouldnt be eligable for one, ill have to look into it for you, i know some people that deal with that kind of thing and i can ask them. but during the mean time, i dont think it would hurt to sumit for one now and find out sooner rather than later...if it does get denied you can always appeal it. expect a couple of days for me to find out... it wont be till monday i'll be able to ask, but i will ask and get you better information

Hi Mayser,

Thankyou for writing back.So far this news is great to hear.If there is any information you may need inorder to verfiy If I am eligibile then please don't hesitate to ask.

As you can see below I think I may be eligibile but here is some more information that may be of help.

When I do retire I will retire as a Civil Service Worker and NOT a federal worker.I payed back all my Navy taxes inorder to receive this it was my choice.
I was in the Navy for 12 years and then Honorably Discharged and carried my exsisting 12 years into the United States Postal Service for an additional 26 years.This gives me 38 years as a Civil Service Worker.
This to me makes me think I would be eligibile. I would only use this ID card to go onto a Recreational Navy Base and NOT an actual base..I am too old for that..haha. But still I would love to enjoy some of the benefits that a DoD retiree would receive. I don't need it for health benefits or anything like that,just a nice place to go and relax.

I look forwards to hearing from you and I hope it will be good news! Again thankyou for taking time out to help me.

-R.Z.C
Thankyou and GodBless,
United States Navy Veteran of 12 years
Electricians First Mate/E-5
Honorably Discharged
Vietnam Veteran

Back