DNA from 78 Germanwings crash victims found

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
Forensic teams have isolated 78 distinct DNA strands from body parts at the Germanwings crash site in the French Alps, while investigators continued their grim task in the arduous mountain terrain. As well as trying to identify and return bodies to their families, search teams were also hunting for a second "black box" that has yet to be found six days into the search. "We haven't found a single body intact," said Patrick Touron, deputy director of the police's criminal research institute. So far, forensic teams have isolated 78 DNA strands from recovered body parts, said prosecutor Brice Robin, one of the lead investigators.

Read more...

A total mix of emotions finds me when thinking about this task, I am sure the families do want closure, as best they can in this scenario but for the workers it must very straining gathering any remains.

In a grizzly sense of optimism, and I do mean grizzly, if this was pilot suicide that rules out the possibility of mechanical malfunction , something that could at this moment be risking dozens of other aircraft also in service.

Back