Dispatch

Steel Czar

Hey, I've always loved and respected the military, and always wanted to carry on the family tradition of fighting America's enemies, so I want to join the Army when I'm older. I've seen some of the jobs the Army has, and I think the "Dispatch" or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_Operations_Center
this kind of job is the way to go for me. Telling units on the ground what kind of things to do, and communications and that sort of stuff. I've always been good at that sort of thing. What skills do I need to know? What sort of education? What do I do in said job? Do I need to stay uber fit? I really need some help here.

The TOC is the command center of a unit. It is typically staffed with officers and a hand full of enlisted. I have never heard of a "dispatch" MOS. From my understanding the TOC can be manned by any MOS. I have had to cycle through the TOC before and I am a scout. I did not care for it one bit. I would much rather be out in the field, thats where the fun is. If you want to be in the TOC I would suggest becoming a officer. You will need a college degree for that.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

What do I need to know/learn to be an Officer? I know I'll need to know how to :m16shoot: and everything, but what else? Commanding? Observing? What else?

To be an officer your aim should be to be stronger, fitter, smarter and better then the men you lead.
And then to teach them how to be just as good as you are.
You should be a natural leader of men and you should be good at making decisions under pressure.
Further more you should be stellar at your own language and preferably a few others.
A good thing to have in ones backpocket is a working knowledge of military history and a nimble mind as to be able to recognize situations as they unfold and/or before they unfold as to be able to make the correct countermove at an early stage.

You will ofcourse be able to do the basics of military life such as:
Shoot.
Break down and clean your weapon.
Working knowledge of just about every small weapons system in the world and basic capabilities of the rest.
Emergency medicine.
Live of the land.
Resist interrogation.
Hump a heavy ruck for long distances.
Communications.
Land nav.
Counter NBC procedures.
COIN.
MOUT.
CQB.
Rescue swimming basic.

SOP for setting up acamp.
SOP for defending the camp.
SOP for contacts with the enemy.
Procedures for working with locals.
Procedures for avoiding confrontation with civilian populace.
And the list goes on and on...

Oh and you`ll need GUTS.

Good luck.
//KJ.

Last edited:
Thanks man, I'm already quite strong, I do pushups and situps every night and add another each night. I'm extremely high willpowered, every says I'm really good strongwilled. However, I'm not very smart and I suck at swimming. They tried to teach me back in grade school, they failed. How can I learn how to swim better and how to command well?

Back