Discussions




 
--
Discussions
 
1 Week Ago  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 

Topic: Discussions


Discussions
I have been thinking about things we can discuss. Do the active members here have any suggestions?

I have been looking for events during the Second World War that we can discuss and keep the discussion going, which can be hard when we are quite few

What do you lot say about having a thread about the Russian/Ukrainian Crisis?
6 Days Ago  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
I have been thinking about things we can discuss. Do the active members here have any suggestions?

I have been looking for events during the Second World War that we can discuss and keep the discussion going, which can be hard when we are quite few

What do you lot say about having a thread about the Russian/Ukrainian Crisis?
There is a Russian/Ukrainian crisis?
I am happy to discuss just about anything but it does require others to get involved.
5 Days Ago  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
There is a Russian/Ukrainian crisis?
I am happy to discuss just about anything but it does require others to get involved.
I have been thinking about Operation Anvil/Dragoon, but what to discuss.

Yep, the west is upset about all the Russians camping along the Russian/Ukrainian border
--
Discussions
4 Days Ago  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
I have been thinking about Operation Anvil/Dragoon, but what to discuss.

Yep, the west is upset about all the Russians camping along the Russian/Ukrainian border
I doubt Putin is going to do anything silly, if he was to invade the Ukraine it would be an invitation for every former eastern block country and Soviet state to cosy up to NATO very quickly or face Russian empire rebuilding.
3 Days Ago  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
The Russian demands are unacceptable and the Russians knew it. I can understand Russia doesn't like it when former Warsaw Pact countries or former Soviet republics join NATO, but that is their decision and Russia can't dictate what other countries do or don't do.
1 Day Ago  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
The Russian demands are unacceptable and the Russians knew it. I can understand Russia doesn't like it when former Warsaw Pact countries or former Soviet republics join NATO, but that is their decision and Russia can't dictate what other countries do or don't do.
Well Russia is doing a damn good job of driving these countries into NATO and if they cross the Ukrainian border then I suspect they will see a flurry of applications.

Besides there is no guarantee Russia will be successful in an attack, they had enough trouble in Georgia and that had few resources, that said the Ukrainians look just as inept but it has the advantage of size.
13 Hours Ago  
lljadw
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
The Russian demands are unacceptable and the Russians knew it. I can understand Russia doesn't like it when former Warsaw Pact countries or former Soviet republics join NATO, but that is their decision and Russia can't dictate what other countries do or don't do.
US also disliked Cuba becoming a Soviet satellite and organized an invasion of Cuba in 1961 .
12 Hours Ago  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lljadw
US also disliked Cuba becoming a Soviet satellite and organized an invasion of Cuba in 1961 .
True, the US plays the same game as the Russians.
I was under the impression NATO had at some stage post Soviet collapse agreed to stay out of states bordering Russia leaving them as a buffer but I honestly don't know why I had that belief.
2 Hours Ago  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
True, the US plays the same game as the Russians.
I was under the impression NATO had at some stage post Soviet collapse agreed to stay out of states bordering Russia leaving them as a buffer but I honestly don't know why I had that belief.
Russia claims it got a verbal promise by the US and NATO to not include former WP and Soviet Republics in NATO. The US claims it never promised Russia that, so somebody is lying. However, if the Russian say the Americans promised them to not include more countries into NATO and not get it in a binding document, that was not a wise move by the Russians.

On the other hand all sovereign states are allowed to join whatever organization they want.
 


Similar Topics
Cardinals hold last discussions before Vatican lockdown
Political Discussions now opened! Please read here first.
Political Discussions Opened again. Please read inside.
The Welcome Center (in Military Discussions?)