Discussion about Palestine

I suppose I could have worded that better. I meant that in an EVEN fight against Egypt today, Israel would be defeated. Against Syria, even today with all their unrest, it would stalemate.

I don't care who's at fault any longer... all that gets is a bunch of people who had nothing to do with any of it in the first place dead...It's the zealots, the 5%, that everyone hears...It's about damn time that the reasonable majority voice their concern and put an end to the madness. Finger pointing prolongs the madness. Tit for tat results in no resolution, just more heel planting. Where the hell is the voice of reason? Where is the compromise that is so essential for co-existence? Where has the discussion gone? Where has the reason gone? Where has the voice of the people fed up gone?

But, in America, we don't care because we don't have to. We are so blind to the rest of the world we allow these travesties to happen unnoticed. We complain of a "depression" while we buy cars, watch Fox news or CSPAN from our flat screen LCD TVs, and refuse to read about anything other than what we already believe. We have that luxury. And with that luxury we have lost the most important aspect we as citizens are OBLIGATED to be but are no longer. Informed citizens... We focuse on crap that is meaningless while the greatest issues slip by. We are being robbed blind by both sides of the fence and our "govenrment" answers to no one anymore. Party allegiance, that's what matters anymore. Not reason, not good administration, not compromise, not the constituency that these people represent.

Didn't mean to rant, but I've found myself in a bit of a moral dilemna anymore about why I do what I do...I'm coming to the conclusion more and more that what I thought I was doing as a combat arms soldier of the US military for over 10 years is not what I thought. I thought I was making a difference. I'm starting to realize that perhaps I'm acting on behalf of big business to preserve profit margins and maintain a very small proportion of the populations wealth while myself and my soldiers fight against "insurgents" that are trying to kill me and my men for being in their country... whereas, if any foriegn country were in my country, on my block, I would try to kill them without a doubt and without mercy regardless of their motivations...I'm coming to terms with the fact that perhaps I have been put into situations where I'm not the good guy...

It's that whole objective thing you know...like when you do a self evaluation and look in the mirror. How would the forefathers of my nation feel about what I am doing? I honestly believe they would not be happy. That's what I judge progress by. Since I had my daughter it has changed how I look at myself. Do I raise her to beleive she is entitled and can do as she pleases? Or do I raise her to work hard, use reason and objectivity to reach her goals? In order to do that, self accountability and self evaluation needs to be instilled in her. How can I reasonably do that unless I do that with myself? It makes it hard to fathom that anybody would raise their children in an environment where hate, conflict, and a bleaker world is the concensus. Where an environment where we leave our children in a worse state than we find ourselves in is acceptable. That's not ok with me.

with all the respect i have to america, you dont fight our wars. you only support us finnancaly. how exactly did you conclude we wont beat Egypt? please... do tell me.

Back