Discipline/rules and regs in modern military!

Rotty261

I have not been out of the military for very long, and although it has been a little while since I was in boot camp. I am wondering if any of the new recruits out there or even some of the old salty ones out there can answer a couple of questions. Is discipline and respect still pounded into all recruits at boot camp regardless of branch? Are the regulations on dress and apperance getting less stringent or just not enforced?

I am in theater with lots of different service men and women and have seen some things that were not tolerated when I was in, regardless of whether or not it is a combat zone. For instance, I have never seen anyone get away with just having their pants hang loose and open while wearing a DCU or BDU. I have also seen a lot of people with tatoos on their hands and on their necks and heads, this would not have been allowed even if they had got the tatoos before they got in.

Any insight as to why this is being allowed or a notice that it is all common practice would be appreciated.

I've been out for awhile also. But I rember a couple guys with tatts on their necks when I was in and on thier fingers etc.
As far as unbloused utilities. Alot of times in exterme heat. We were allowed to unblouse our trousers and shed our blouses.

Back