Diplomatic_Means's trivia - Page 11

--
Boots

March 12th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

The correct answer was $6,000.

Why did US secret agents abandon plans - approved by President Franklin D Roosevelt - to drop live bats from airplanes to frighten the Japanese during WW2?
March 12th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Fire

Well, If i remember correctly, and i might be confusing another project with this, the bats were ment to carry fire-bombs...in one of the experiment, the bets were launched and exidently bruned down a military fascilety..?
March 14th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

nope, think high altitudes
--
Boots
March 14th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
think high altitudes
umm... was it because it was too cold, the air was to thin and they couldn't use their echolocation properly?.
March 14th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

no and yall have a week to answer this one. I'm on Spring break and forgot to bring my book home with me.
March 14th, 2004  
Animal Mother

The jetstreams would blow them out over the ocean?
March 15th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

nope
March 15th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

They would die on the way down from a multitude of things including 1) lack of oxygen 2) tempature 3) falling 30,000 feet 4) God knows what else.

But I dunno it would still be scary to have millions of dead bats raining in your country.

I got it! Maybe SOMEONE realized the idea was STUPID
March 18th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Due to the high altitude they would freeze before they were even thrown out of the plane.
March 18th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Is it just me, or would you be totally terrified if it started raining FROZEN DEAD BATS??