Digital camouflage: CADPAT, MARPAT and other versions

EuroSpike

Disscussion about digital camouflage. Opinions and experiments about digital camo and discussion about it's real advantages to traditional camo, or is digital only a matter of fashion? I attached some example pictures about different camos.

canadian_digital_camo.jpg

CADPAT

marpat_02.jpg

MARPAT woodland

marpat_desert_02.jpg

MARPAT desert

149_press.jpg

Finnish digital camo m/05, similar to CADPAT and "fishing season" seems to be opened (boonie hat). SA-kuva

http://tietokannat.mil.fi/harma04/include/thumbnail.php?id=80&width=640

Digital snow suit m/05, SA-kuva

I like the CADPAT. But the MARPAT may be better... after all when you hit the dirt, there should be some brown on your cammies.

MARPAT is probably more effective, because what the U.S. did was take CADPAT and improve it... Still the CADPAT is pretty effective itself

I'd say it would depend on where you are. Marpat looks like it would be more effective in areas that have more "angular" vegetation like pine forests. Something like cadpat or the german flecktarn look like it would be better in areas with "rounder" vegetation.

CADPAT TW is very effective in dense wood, but the MARPAT woodland would be better for lighter wood and brush.

Hmm....you seem to have left out the CADPAT AR (Arid Region) It's just the same CADPAT layout, but with the 3 shades of brown.

i think some pictures of soldiers in the field wearing the old BDU's vs the new BDU's would give a better perspective on what is more effective.
9007.jpg

http://www.hyperstealth.com/camo/faq/
someone supplied that link before in a different thread when digi camo was brought up. it had a lot of good information.

Any CADPAT in itself is effective, because it scatters your vision and you can't focus at close range. I personally like CADPAT better than MARPAT. My DCO is ordering all our senior NCOs CADPAT for the new year.

well according to the website i listed the digital patterns are only effective within 100 yards or less. farther than that the colors don't blend the same.

the whole thing about the cadpat, is that through night vision and IR it still disrupts your pattern, the Camo still works even when looking through the night vision aids, compared to BDU's or DPM's which as far as I know, just look green through night vision

I know some of the first CADPAT issued had serious problems fading when washed; it's been corrected but it's still not perfect.

PS: Nothing bugs me more then Cadets in CADPAT when I have OD's:p

LOL, yeah, some CAP guys got all worked up at us because our JROTC unit bought MARPAT woodland BDUs (with our own money) and they were stuck with their old patterns instead of the new Air Force patterns. Suckers!

See that's not an issue, I get really irritated when the Cadets Program have better kit then Combat Soliders :x

Turner said:
not strong for the woods like if you get worked with something it is going to rip

I've never seen a pair of ripped CADPAT; ever. It's the same material as our old OD's; which I can only guess isn't too different from the US BDUs.

yeah, it's different... the Americans have ripstop which is really good material... Ours do rip and there is usually a shortage of new ones (we call them combats in Canada) but the supply system is getting better... also, the material melts to the skin if burned... sort of sucks eh?? But you get on with what you got... another question... why does our tac vest only have room for 4 magazines (not including the one on your weapon)???

Back