dig a hole to china - Page 3

--
Boots

February 11th, 2005  
Charge 7

I always get a laugh Chewie when you post something like that obviously designed to throw mud at Americans and then get "surprised" when one of us calls you on it.

Anecdotal:

1.) # also an·ec·dot·ic (-dtk) or an·ec·dot·i·cal (--kl) Of, characterized by, or full of anecdotes.

2.) Based on casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis.

So tell me, what "anecdotal" evidence would that be? You meant to paint the US with a brush again. Too bad the colors don't wash.
February 11th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
I always get a laugh Chewie when you post something like that obviously designed to throw mud at Americans and then get "surprised" when one of us calls you on it.

Anecdotal:

1.) # also an·ec·dot·ic (-dtk) or an·ec·dot·i·cal (--kl) Of, characterized by, or full of anecdotes.

2.) Based on casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis.

So tell me, what "anecdotal" evidence would that be? You meant to paint the US with a brush again. Too bad the colors don't wash.

dude, when i was FIVEs YEARS OLD i believed that if i dug for long enough in the sandpit at my school, i would be able to reach china. (unfortunately, the school had put bricks under the sand....curse them)
i wasn't meant to have a go at sensitive yanks, but merely a fun little article.

as for the site trowing mud at americans...it's an american moutian climbing site; www.peakbagger.com
February 11th, 2005  
SHERMAN

if you guys can't get along I will lock this. Charge 7, you need to learn the diffrence between flamin and joking.
--
Boots
February 11th, 2005  
Charge 7

I know joking when I see it. I also can recognize a backhand when I see one. Interesting that I'm the only one being mentioned here when others have also commented on Chewie's post. And if I'm so wrong, why mention Americans at all?
February 12th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
I know joking when I see it. I also can recognize a backhand when I see one. Interesting that I'm the only one being mentioned here when others have also commented on Chewie's post. And if I'm so wrong, why mention Americans at all?
ask the webmaster of that particular site... i even changed it so it wasn't just mentioning americans...because i know that it is a fairly common belief amongst young children.

you can't be that good at recognising a backhand....because this wasn't one
February 12th, 2005  
SHERMAN

When I post a moding post, with red font, it means pay attention. I don't like to say things twice. Both of you are acting in a child like manner. And I suggest that if anyone here thinks I am acting from unprofessional reasons, he will PM the Admin and take it to him.