Difference between Kiddie Combats and the Real Thing

Nick E

Hi, I have a regular army combats and have just bought some Digital Patern Combats. A friend said I bought the kiddie combat variant and told the supplier. He said he could help me more if I gave him details on what I wanted. I know the flat green pattern has a 'hidden' velcro pocked under the left breast pocket and was wondering if the Tunic Digital Patern had that too. I know that the pants have sand traps. Ill upload pics when I have more time
[/quote]

FRom the sounds of it, it sounds like you only have OD's, which are realy Canadian forces issue. "Kiddie combats" are pieces of garbage where you tuck in the tunic into the pants. If you are thinking about get CADPAT, Don't! The onlu one's you'll be able to get are fake ones from the suplus store that are pieces of crap. Stick with your ODs.

For your question about if the CADPAT has the inside pocket...yes, they do. Unless you know someone who is Logistics in the Forces, or you're in the Forces yourself, you can't get CADPATs. A way to tell if you have the Fake CADPAT (or at least in my experience), there will be a nametag that says "Frontenac" on it. If it's real, there will be a velcro strip there with nothing on it, like mine. The actual CADPAT uniform has the same general style of clothing design as the Olive Drab combat fatigues.

Side note: If you do manage to score some CADPAT, check to see if the buttons are covered by a flap or not. If they are, you have the new Air Force CADPAT. The Army and Navy have nothing covering the buttons.

For now, since you're a Cadet, I would stick with the Olive Drab. Wearing CADPAT when you don't have the proper rank slip-on and nametag just looks retarded. (Trust me) ;)

My DCO is ordering all of our senior NCO's CADPAT with custom slip-ons :D

O, a few more ways to tell if it's fake CADPAT, is the pockets. If they're straight and vertical, they're fake (real ones are slanted like the ODs) There is also only one epaulette that's really short on the left shoulder. The slip on goes in the front of the tunic instead of the shoulders.

You're getting some CADPAT with custom slip-ons, eh?

Going to get your unit put on them, like the Army does?

He's talking about the custom slip-ons. Chances are, all that will be on them are the words 'Air Cdts' on the bottom of them, where the 'Canada' is on the regular ones.

I wanted ones that said '154 RCACS' if I got customs ones.

I agree, I think the unit number and RCACS would be a lot better. I'll talk to him about it.

Back