Difference between a female and male soldier

dombarber

Obvious the sex is different.
One I am in contact with is hair...
But does anyone have any further points , opinions to raise !

Some of the WRAF's I saw had hairy armpits, hairy legs, hairy arms and built like a brick outhouse AND they could drink most blokes under the table. I could say, they looked like men in knickers.

All the best looking ones I saw were collared as staff car drivers.

I have met only one Brit female military member (that I recall). She was a in the RN and stationed in Sydney during the VN war. She picked me up in a hotel bar, drank me silly and kept my bed warm for the next week. I have photo’s of her and I assure you she didn’t have “hairy armpits, hairy legs” nor hairy arms - she was, though, built like a brick outhouse in certain areas.

I have met only one Brit female military member (that I recall). She was a in the RN and stationed in Sydney during the VN war. She picked me up in a hotel bar, drank me silly and kept my bed warm for the next week. I have photo’s of her and I assure you she didn’t have “hairy armpits, hairy legs” nor hairy arms - she was, though, built like a brick outhouse in certain areas.

She must have shaved then

Their seems to be a theme on shaven parts......:horsie:

Not having to shave every morning in the field would be key, especially when its bloody snowing.
Getting a cruisier basic training is also a perk as a woman.

In the US Army the increased numbers of women was, I think, relatively painless.

Women were in support units, not Combat Arms, so I think their impact was lessened.
Recruiting standards for women were generally higher then for males (meaning the girls were, overall, smarter than the boys, which the women knew all along) and the draft was over so we needed the “bodies” (no joke intended).

I was First Sergeant of a Company in Korea in the 80’s and my barracks was co-ed. I remember the proximity of the female soldiers was far down the list of problems we encountered, whether in garrison or in the field.

For the most part they could handle themselves when problems with sex were involved and were fine soldiers.

If you don't the difference between a male and female soldier one can't help but wonder are you old enough to be posting on here

In the US Army the increased numbers of women was, I think, relatively painless.

Women were in support units, not Combat Arms, so I think their impact was lessened.
Recruiting standards for women were generally higher then for males (meaning the girls were, overall, smarter than the boys, which the women knew all along) and the draft was over so we needed the “bodies” (no joke intended).

I was First Sergeant of a Company in Korea in the 80’s and my barracks was co-ed. I remember the proximity of the female soldiers was far down the list of problems we encountered, whether in garrison or in the field.

For the most part they could handle themselves when problems with sex were involved and were fine soldiers.

Thank you for such an interesting and informative account to my question.

I belong to another group of all vets and serving military.

They report a lot of good things in terms of the gals in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Many are pulling duty and performing far beyond their intended roles.
Overall doing quite well, Some exceptions, of course-but some guys are duds as well.

My buddy's daughter is deploying with the language trained group of women who will be going to the field even with SW to assist in dealing with the female locals.
She will be doing some historic stuff while seeing some intense service.

Aside from the obvious lack of tackle and restrictions to serving in CA MOS's there are really no differences outside the inherent drama of having more than one female in a certain area. There are good ones, there are bad ones, there are middle of the road ones. Just like males.

I do long for the Infantry though.

Back