Difference between CNN and FOX

sandy

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/23/pet.food.recall.ap/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Mar24/0,4670,PetFoodRecall,00.html

From FOX

ALBANY, N.Y. — Pet owners were rechecking their cabinets and threatening legal action after state officials said rat poison was found in pet food blamed for the deaths of at least 16 cats and dogs.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
The Food and Drug Administration has said the investigation into the pet deaths was focused on wheat gluten in the food. The gluten itself would not cause kidney failure, but it could have been contaminated, the FDA said.
Paul Henderson, chief executive of Menu Foods, confirmed Friday that the wheat gluten was purchased from China.
・・・・am,Yeah・・・・food made in china is dangerous.
You must not be able to imagine how horrible environment pollution in china.
From CNN

ALBANY, New York (AP) -- Rat poison was found in pet food blamed for the deaths of at least 16 cats and dogs, but scientists said Friday they still don't know how it got there and predicted more animal deaths would be linked to it.
Also Friday, the company that produced the food expanded its recall to include all 95 brands of the "cuts and gravy" style food, regardless of when they were produced.
The substance in the food was identified as aminopterin, a cancer drug that once was used to induce abortions in the United States and is still used to kill rats in some other countries, state Agriculture Commissioner Patrick Hooker said.
The federal government prohibits using aminopterin for killing rodents in the United States. State officials would not speculate on how the poison got into the pet food, but said no criminal investigations had been launched.
The pet deaths led to a recall of 60 million cans and pouches of dog and cat food produced by Menu Foods and sold throughout North America under 95 brand names. Some pets that ate the recalled brands suffered kidney failure, and the company has confirmed the deaths of 15 cats and one dog.
The company expanded the recall -- which initially covered only cans and pouches of food packaged from December 3 through March 6 -- after the FDA alerted it that some products remained on store shelves.
There is no risk to pet owners from handling the food, officials said.
The Food and Drug Administration has said the investigation into the pet deaths was focused on wheat gluten in the food. The gluten itself would not cause kidney failure, but it could have been contaminated, the FDA said.
Bob Rosenberg, senior vice president of government affairs for the National Pest Management Association, said it would be unusual for the wheat to be tainted.
"It would make no sense to spray a crop itself with rodenticide," Rosenberg said, adding that grain shippers typically put bait stations around the perimeter of their storage facilities.
Scientists at the New York State Animal Health Diagnostic Center at Cornell University and at the New York State Food Laboratory tested three cat food samples provided by the manufacturer and found aminopterin in two of them. The two labs are part of a network created after the September 11 terrorist attacks to keep the nation's animals and food supply safe.
"Any amount of this product is too much in food," Hooker said.
Aminopterin is highly toxic in high doses. It inhibits the growth of malignant cells and suppresses the immune system. In dogs and cats, the amount of aminopterin found -- 40 parts per million -- can cause kidney failure, according to Bruce Akey, director of Cornell's diagnostic center.
"It's there in substantial amounts," Akey said.
Donald Smith, dean of Cornell's veterinary school, said he expected the number of pet deaths to increase. "Based on what we've heard the last couple days, 16 is a low number," Smith said.
Aminopterin is no longer marketed as a cancer drug, but is still used in research, said Andre Rosowsky, a chemist with the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.
Rosowsky speculated that the substance would not show up in pet food "unless somebody put it there."
Paul Henderson, chief executive of Ontario, Canada-based Menu Foods, said the company does not believe the food was tampered with because the recalled food came from two different plants, one in Kansas, one in New Jersey. Menu continues to produce food at the two plants.
The company, already facing lawsuits, said Friday it is testing all the ingredients that go into the food.
"We have a lot of work to do, and we are eager to get back to it," Henderson said. "This is a highly unusual substance."
・・・・・・・・・・・・No word "CHINA"
That rumor that china already bought CNN may be true reading such articles.
China does not pay money on environmental measures unlike military measures.
China;WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY,huh?

CNN. Communist New Network. It was born from a hell swapn of Ted Turner. That right there spells evil.

What else is new, both CNN and Fox are biased.........go figure. I cant say which one is more biased on this story, because I dont know the entire story, but since they are both always biased you might as well just ignore them.

CNN = Communist News Network
Fox = Faux News

The article is written by Mark Johnson of the Associated Press, not Fox News. You can spin it, spank it, twirl the article all you like but you are far far away from rationality.

:shoothea:

Speaking of pet poison of politics were we? Oh yes...lets have a great important political debate about Pet Food poison.

And oh yes...did also I mention that there are indications that Aliens from outer space also have purchased BBC? :shoothea::shoothea::shoothea::shoothea:

Last edited:
This rat poison is commonly used on the wheat crops in China to reduce damage to the harvest from rodents. There are no oversight bodies of any influence to enforce food safety standards so it doesn't surprise me in the least. That said anyone with an inkling of knowledge in biology that cares for their animal's welfare would read the label of the food they give them and it doesn't take a PhD in biology to know that dogs and cats are carnivores and as such any plant products they ingest actually cause them digestive tract disorders and discomfort, even without the rat poison. People need to pull their heads out and use them for them than something to keep :cen: from coming out both ends.

I personally would rather watch CNN than fox, but then again, I despise fox.

(I know I'm asking for it, so give it to me. It's what I deserve for posting in the political forum:roll: )

I really don't watch CNN often, if only for the reason that I don't have a remote, and Fox is only 2 channels away from Sci-Fi.

Anyway, Fox has Bill O'reilly :)horsie: )

They are both equally bad, but for different reasons.

CNN is a 'fluff' news network. It purposely avoids reporting real news in order to avoid taking a stand on anything. So instead it focuses on stories like pet poisoning, Anna Nicole smith, and whatever the latest celebrity news scandal is. I am sure after watching all the stupid stories it reports as news results in IQ loss.

FOX is just horrid. Frankly I don't understand why the FCC hasn't yanked its license yet. News reporters are supposed to report the news and make it up or twist it to fit their own agenda. The fact they call themselves a news program and then lie through their teeth is just breathtaking.

For example, take the 2006 election. During the polls, They purposely mislabeled Republicans (who were losing) as Democrats and visa versa. They have routinuly put out stories as fact that were just false like Hannity multiple declaraations of having 'found' nuclear weapons in Iraq and have never once offered a retraction.

Its strikes me as amazing that the FCC can put a enormous fine on NBC because we saw Janet Jacksons breasts but a 'News' channel deliberately and daily puts out false infomation and gets nothing boogles the mind.

Mind you, FOX is perfectly entitled to put up a BS information service if it wants, it just shouldnt be allowed to call itself a 'News Program'. Because NEWS means that FOX is impartial, which we all know that it is not. It lies about being impartial as well.

I personally am not a fan of either, but give me CNN over FOX any day!

Hahaha about Hannity.... mu uncle listens to all the conservative radio shows in the DC area all the time, and they make me want to throw up, yet Hannity is the one that i can tolerate the most, and find him the least biased/ most open minded.

Either way, BBC all the way! I'm so happy i discovered SopCast, and i can watch BBC World in college now! Though, they are not above bias and are often favourable to a view oppisite to mine.

Funny I thought the whole thread started off how CNN was covering up and Fox was actually reporting...

Bottom line all main stream news media is "the bad"

But mmarsh I would like some more actual evidence of the accusations you make towards Fox then just the normal old liberal mentality that just assumes Fox is "the devil" and the Washington Post and Newsweek are like kings along with other media giants...

I used to read Fox (don't really have the time to read multiple news agencies anymore) but I didn't find all of their stuff to be favorable to either side...

Oh and I still like the movie "Live From Baghdad" ;)

The purpose of the thread has been lost.

Does anyone have a third source? Where did the stuff actually come from? China? Elsewhere?

Donkey

Easily done.

This story ran on October 4 2006 (4 weeks before the election). We all know that Mark Foley was a Republican pedophile, look at what Fox put down.

Foleyandbalanced-thumb.jpg

In case you think that was a mistake. During the November Election, Chafee *mistakenly* is listed as a Democrat.

2001551296293851628_rs.jpg

These are just two examples, FOX did this several times. Show me ONCE either Newsweek or the WP stooping to tactics like this.

As I said, if FOX NEWS wants to be a GOP mouth-tool thats fine. Thats why Rush Limbaugh is on the air. They just cannot call themselves a 'News' program or run titles like they are 'fair and balanced'.

Their is a difference between reporting a fact and offering an opinion, liberal as a conservative thats perfectly OK. But you cannot offer an opinion AS a fact.

FOX as gotten in trouble in both Canada and the UK because both countries have systems to monitor political biasness on the air. We do to, but because the FCC is under the finger of the White House, you get the picture...

I would like to see what happens to FOX NEWS if a Democrat was elected president in 2008...

Back