The difference between an armed society and a unarmed society

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Armed Society

Terrorists Attack High School on Kibutz Near Jerusalem are Killed by Armed Civilians

Two terrorists were killed by armed civilians less than an hour ago after they infiltrated a high school in Kibbutz Kfar Etzion, south of Jerusalem.
The terrorists, armed with knives and possibly with a pistol, infiltrated the kibbutz and snuck into a the Makor Haim High School.

The school was filled with more than 200 students.
The attack took place in the library when the two terrorists, dressed in black, burst into the room and ordered everyone to raise their hands and stand against the wall. The terrorists stabbed two students before their counselors were able to draw their personal handguns and kill the terrorists on the spot.

"The terrorists came inside and began stabbing students," a defense official said. Three students were injured, including two moderately. IDF sources hailed the student's quick response. "This could have ended much worse," a source in the IDF Central Command said.

The terrorists entered the campus by cutting a hole is the security fence, apparently disabling the electronic alert system. Shaul Etzion, a Regional Council chairman arrived on the scene shortly after the incident and praised the students and their counselors, who showed "that Jews have no fear...of cowardly terrorists."

http://doubletapper.blogspot.com/2008/01/terrorists-attack-high-school-on-kibutz.html
Unarmed Society

Five women shot to death in clothing store during apparent robbery

CHICAGO - Police were searching for a man they said fled a clothing store in a Chicago suburb where five woman were shot to death during an apparent robbery.

Officers with guns drawn swept through neighboring shops, aisle by aisle, at the Brookside Marketplace strip mall shortly after the shootings Saturday, but found no trace of the gunman.

Attempts to find him with dogs and a helicopter equipped with infrared sensors also failed, authorities said.

Officers found the victims, including at least one employee, at the back of the Lane Bryant store after receiving a 911 call around 10:45 a.m, police said. Chief Mike O'Connell said a bystander told officers he had seen a stocky black man leave the store, describing him as about 5 feet 9 inches tall, and wearing a black winter coat, a knit cap and dark pants.

Authorities said robbery was believed to be the motive. The store did not have its own security camera, O'Connell said, but investigators were trying to determine if there was video from cameras mounted at nearby stores.
"We do not want to compromise any evidence that may be out there ... I ask we keep family of the victims in our thoughts and prayers," he said.

‘So scared I couldn't think’
In a Target store across the parking lot from Lane Bryant, terrified customers were herded to the front as police with pistols and rifles drawn went up and down the aisles and into storerooms searching for the gunman.
"I was so scared I couldn't think," said Selena Kujawa, who had just entered the store with her 5-year-old son when it was locked down. After about an hour, customers were told to leave.

"They told us to get in our cars and get out of here," Kujawa said.
The Lane Bryant was open at the time of the shootings. Police would not identify the victims, but said they ranged in age from 22 to 37. Four were from suburban Chicago and one was from South Bend, Indiana.

One victim identified
The family of Carrie Hudek Chiuso, 33, of Frankfort, said she was one of the victims.

"She is the most wonderful person, and that maniac took a piece of all of us," Chiuso's sister-in-law Jennifer Hudek told the Chicago Tribune for a story posted on its Web site Saturday.

Chiuso, a 1993 graduate of Homewood-Flossmoor High School, was a social worker at the school.

"Carrie was deeply loved by faculty and staff," school spokesman Dave Thieman said in a statement. "She had a real touch with students. The entire H-F family is deeply saddened."

The police chief said no further information would be made available until Sunday afternoon, after forensic exams were completed.
Police allowed shoppers into parts of the strip mall later Saturday, but had cordoned off the store.

The small red and brown brick Lane Bryant is part of a cluster of four or five stores isolated on one side of a large blacktop parking lot, with big box stores including Target and a Best Buy several hundred yards away.
Messages left at Lane Bryant Brand headquarters were not immediately returned.

Lane Bryant is part of plus-size women's apparel retailer Charming Shoppes Inc., based in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, which also owns the Fashion Bug and Catherines brands.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22966597/

Now lets see here. In Israel, teachers and school employees are armed and stopped a terrorist attack on a school. In Chicago, a city in the USA with one of the most repressive firearm laws. So bad that it is against the law for a citizen to carry or even own a firearm; five people were killed by a subject with a record of murder and armed robbery.

Hmmm..... Citizens conceal carry firearms and stop terrorist. Unarmed citizens get killed in a store.

I guess I'll stay armed.

Picture053.jpg

Im a firm believer that the umarmed public are subjects not citizens. This is another debate that could go on a lifetime and noon win.

But then again I am a firm believer that history always in one way or another repeats itself and no country has been left standing forever.... so if Im alive when the day comes that the worst case scenario happens I will be perpaired lol.

Controlling weapons as tightly as in South Korea would be impossible in the US anyway. If the criminals can have weapons, so should law abiding citizens.

I really hope they let me get a CCW permit when I turn 21. I'm in a "may issue" state, but I have heard that the Sheriff in my county is pro-gun.

Very good post 5.56. Of course reports that do not suit agendas are automatically spiked - discarded by being put to one side. This makes it extremely difficult for one-voice, and independant messages and views to be aired. You have that extended even to the source of as powerful a reporting body as this!

Furthermore, I can assure you from experience that criminals can get all the guns they want and more, enough to satisfy their own commercial markets, without ever bothering official channels. Since our legal weapons were removed, even the teenage and younger criminal gangs are armed and openly attacking with automatic weapons. Many of these reportedly originate from easten Europe etc. We have never before experienced such a dangerous situation with mass criminal ownership of such weapons, and a citizenship under the cosh of a domineering government bearing down.

South Dakota just passed a law allowing college students with CCW's to carry their weapons on campus and allow weapons to be stored in dorms. I was elated to here that because I know how many hunters and Guardsmen we have at SDSU and I trust those men and women far more than I trust our rent-a-cop/hall patrol UPD that we have.

To quote a homecoming shirt that has become a regular every year: You can't spell STUPID without UPD!

Back