Did the "Poodle" just do a little wee on Mr Bush's leg?

Padre

Milforum Chaplain
Maybe.......maybe not.............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6385137.stm

The number of British troops in Iraq could be increased if needed, Tony Blair has said - a day after announcing the withdrawal of 1,600.

He told MPs on Wednesday the withdrawal will happen with the next few months, leaving 5,500 troops in the country.
But he told BBC Radio 4: "If we're needed to go back in any circumstances then we will."
He also said he bore no responsibility nor would he apologise for the "terrible" security situation in Iraq.

'Dictatorship'

He dismissed suggestions that coalition forces had been unprepared for the aftermath of war, particularly the sectarian violence.
"There was no way that the Iraqi police force that was there under Saddam was going to be able to keep order in the country properly.
"They were an instrument of Saddam's dictatorship and therefore you were always going to have to build the Iraq police and army from scratch.
"That was what we were going to have to do.
"Now, you can argue about - and I've already been back over it myself - about whether you could disbanded the army differently and so forth, but it isn't the principle reason you've got a problem in Iraq.
"The principle reason you've got a problem is as I say because there are elements deliberately giving you that problem," Mr Blair said. The remaining British troops will stay into 2008, to provide back-up and secure borders.

I think I read where some of the troops are being redeployed to Afghanistan rather than leaving the Middle East altogether.

They're not cutting and running like the Dems are trying to portray. It is a reasonable and predicted realignment putting them where they are needed more. Hell, the 10th Mtn just got extended because they're up against a demon this spring and if the Brits are joining them I say good on em mates.

MND-CS (Multi National Division Center South) has always been quiet... why..? There is only one major city down in that flat desert... Basra... Let them go, and don't foget to thank them for their service on the way out.

MND-CS (Multi National Division Center South) has always been quiet... why..? There is only one major city down in that flat desert... Basra... Let them go, and don't foget to thank them for their service on the way out.

Exactly. :thumb:

Back