Did Lee Harvey Oswald kill JFK?

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
But back to the top: the Worst RIFLE. My vote goes to the Italian M91 Mannlichier-Carcano. Underpowered, used a poorly produced munition, inaccuarate at both short and long range due to a nonadjustable rear sight.

The gun was so unpopular that where ever it was sent, it was simply thrown away for something else. The Finns and later the Italians preferred the Russian Mosin-Nagant compared to this horrible device.

And strangely, this is the gun that was supposed to have shot JFK. A rather odd choice for sniper weapon.

Now this can lead to another interesting thread.

IMHO he was well and truly fitted up and a scapegoat.

I agree with your assessment of the rifle.

Or is this thread in the wrong place as well?

I'll move it here.

Dunno. Lot of conflicting evidence and theories, that we know about and tons of stuff that the Warren Commission had that we don't know about.

Gut feeling. Oswald was involved but was not alone.

He pulled the trigger, no doubt. But was he in it alone? No way. Otherwise there would have been no reason for Jack Ruby to shoot him; it was to shut him up.

I have read, that Oswalds service record indicated he was a mediocre shot at best, while others have said he was a good shoot. Even a very good shot with one of the worst rifles ever built I seriously doubt if he could have hit JFK.

I firmly believe Jack Ruby was involved right up to his neck.

I have also read that the Colt Cobra used by Ruby was sold at auction a few years ago for US$220,000.

Imagine how much would be paid for the Walther used by Hitler to shoot himself.

Last edited:
I read some where that JFK sustained relations with the mafia and that Oswald was hired to assasinate JFK for political reasons...due to partial fault in starting the Vietnam war..makes me wonder???? One will never know.

The Cacarno was fitted with a scope and supposedly he practiced with it often. I was in the service during all this and most of us thought that the shots were possible. Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then so it may have been lucky shots, for Oswald, not JFK.

I believe that Oswald was the sole shooter. The extra shots heard over the microphones theory can be falsified quite easily. Both mics were on; the extra sounds are the shots being heard first through one mic, then the other as sound travels to them.

I read some where that JFK sustained relations with the mafia and that Oswald was hired to assasinate JFK for political reasons...due to partial fault in starting the Vietnam war..makes me wonder???? One will never know.

Out of interest: Do you by chance happen to remember the source of said claims? Or at least approximately, was it a book, was it a magazine, what type of...?

Now this can lead to another interesting thread.

IMHO he was well and truly fitted up and a scapegoat.

I agree with your assessment of the rifle.

Or is this thread in the wrong place as well?

I think he was the sole shooter and the sole conspirator, being a huge Occams Razor fan it should come as no surprise but this is the simplest answer in my opinion.

I seriously doubt that people or organisations could maintain a "secret" of this magnitude for this length of time.

I know that Harvey was a shooter but, like everyone else said, Harvey wasn't alone. And Harvey's wife was a Russian and her uncle was in the KGB. I highly doubt if the KGB involved with it.

I don't think is was Oswald at all, I think Kennedy was killed by the NSA, due to his readiness to go to war with the Soviet Union over missiles in Cuba.

Monty B makes a really good point. It would be nearly impossible to keep a secret this huge for this long. *shrug* We'll probably never know for sure.

Monty B makes a really good point. It would be nearly impossible to keep a secret this huge for this long. *shrug* We'll probably never know for sure.

Unless you write in into the history books, then the lie becomes a historical truth.

bill

I am totally convinced that Oswald alone killed Kennedy.Ive been to Dealy Plaza and after seeing what a small area it really is,I now know that it wouldnt be hard to make them shots even with that old mail order rifle.A chimpanzee could make that shot. Also,it is a fact that Lee Oswald was a very unstable person.Anybody who defects to the Soviet Union wanting to live on their terms has to have some loose marbles rolling around upstairs.Oswald also took a shot at Gen.Edwin Walker on an earlier date and missed.I suppose he wasnt the lone gunman then either.If you ask lees brother Robert Oswald,he will tell you the same thing,that his brother is guilty as hell.For all these years,you got all these people poking holes in the case,making a big who-done-it out of it and not yet to this day has any one of those theories been prooved. Then you got these people saying that the back of Kennedys head came off. They must be blind in one eye and cant see out of the other.You can plainly see in the zapruder film that the right front part of his head came off instead of the back.

I believe Oswald killed Kennedy. However I'm always open to any information to the contrary. I think just about everyone loves a good conspiracy theory.

bill

Another thing that convinces me of Oswalds guilt is that,out of all the people working in that building,he was the only one who vanished after the shooting.Innocent people dont run home,stick a pistol in their waistband,take off again,panic and shoot a cop,and then run down the street and duck into a movie house in such a hurry that he doesnt even stop long enough to pay for a ticket. This is the same reason why I strongly believe that OJ Simpson got away with murder. If he was so innocent,why is he riding hunched down in the back of a ford bronco carrying passports,$10,000.00 cash,holding a pistol to his own head with the entire police force following close behind??? Innocent people dont run. And that theory that Jack Ruby knew Oswald and shot him to keep him quiet about the assassination ,I believe,is another fairy tale. From what I hear,Ruby craved attention and respect. He thought by killing the guy who shot the president of the united states,he would be looked upon as a hero and eventually let go.

Back