Did you know...

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
That the Russians in ww2 lost about 13 MILLION soldiers, and another 13 MILLION civillians..

While Germany, about 2 million.

I think you will find that the total loses for the Russians during WW2 was around 22 million, so you can understand that they got a bit ratty with the Germans. Most of the Russian POW were used by the Germans as slave labour and worked them until they died.

ok can somone pls tell me the death count because i thought that 6 million jews died but if 22 million russians died hows that possible if 22 mill died to save 6???? somone clue me in

Those Russians who died did not fight for the jews - they fought for Stalin and Russia. They didn't know about the jews until the first camps were liberated. I doubt the Germans did leak information about their KZ camps to other than the SS and those who needed that information in the HQs.

The Eastern Front was indeed a "no retreat" situation for either parts; fight to the last man, to the last round, fight for each square inch of soil.

The Russians lost 12 million military personal and 17 million civilians. But heres the catch these figures include not only Russians but countries under Soviet Rule, countries like Latvia,Estonia,and Lithuania,and people shot by Stalin and people sent to POW camps. In total the Russians and Russian controled countries lost about 29 million soldiers and civilians in the war. Germany lost 3,250,000 military personal,and 2,445,000 civilians, they lost 5,695,000 people in total, this includes Austria.It is hard to find the amount of just Russian and German deaths during the war.

hope this helps clear things up

Russia would not have lost so many if their troops were adequetly equipt and they did not use WWI style tactics of sending your troops running at a barrage of machine gun fire and shooting them if they retreat.

The Russians as well used "cut off troops" following their attacking infantry shooting anyone not following orders.

A Norwegian Legion soldier who fought at the Stalingrad frontline said in an interview they'd capture a 17 year old Russian soldier who didn't dare to return to their own lines (after a failed attack) due to the punishment they faced - that was either a neck shot or a one way ticket to the led mines in Siberia...

Yeah, 26 million is the number I use but I'm pretty sure the number varries a lot... hard to count 23-29 million dead bodies.

STEALTH said:
ok can somone pls tell me the death count because i thought that 6 million jews died but if 22 million russians died hows that possible if 22 mill died to save 6???? somone clue me in

The Russians hated the Jews too. The Ukranian Jews where initially happy about the German invasion because they where hopeing the Germans would treat them better than the murderous Russians. Then when the Russians 'liberated' the Ukraine from the Holocausting Germans, they slaughtered entire villiages of Jews.

Kevin said:
Russia would not have lost so many if their troops were adequetly equipt and they did not use WWI style tactics of sending your troops running at a barrage of machine gun fire and shooting them if they retreat.

Like my friend said in gym class:

"You run like a Italian soldier! I run like a Russian, right at the guns!" ;)

Whispering Death said:
Yeah, 26 million is the number I use but I'm pretty sure the number varries a lot... hard to count 23-29 million dead bodies.

STEALTH said:

The Russians hated the Jews too. The Ukranian Jews where initially happy about the German invasion because they where hopeing the Germans would treat them better than the murderous Russians. Then when the Russians 'liberated' the Ukraine from the Holocausting Germans, they slaughtered entire villiages of Jews.

I didn't know that Russians hated Jews.

The Red Army between June and December 1941 lost more men and equipment than any other army in history. But the amazing thing is despite this they actually had more men in December than they did in June. This was mainly due to mobilization of their strategic reserve and is why they were able to push the Germans back from the gates of Moscow. Of course, the fact that the Germans were exhausted, undersupplied, understrength and freezing to death played a big part too.

One of the biggest reasons why Russia won and Germany lost on the Eastern Front was the fact that Russia had a huge strategic reserve where as the Germans had almost no strategic reserve whatsoever.

When you think that the Russians cleared the German minefields by making there troops march across it you can understand why some of their casualty figures where so high. Most of the men that got this sort of work were classed as criminals or other people that would have been put to death by the Russians. If they survived the war they were promised a pardon, now if that pardon was ever kept then it is any ones guess.

LeEnfield 2 said:
When you think that the Russians cleared the German minefields by making there troops march across it you can understand why some of their casualty figures where so high. Most of the men that got this sort of work were classed as criminals or other people that would have been put to death by the Russians. If they survived the war they were promised a pardon, now if that pardon was ever kept then it is any ones guess.

hmm..what a tactic!

LeEnfield 2 said:

Wow, that's plain crazy. I never knew that. It's like a suicide march.

Back