Did kalashnikov stole the design from STG44???

is the design stolen

• Total voters
To the Russians credit, they were and still are excedingly good at copying technology. The sovets on the other hand many problems stemming from the communist system such as, very poor quality control, and not rewarding innovators.

They did have on the other hand a really good rifle. The AK47 will fire in almost any conditions under any circumstances. I have heard of AKs being buried in rice paddies for over a year , pulled up, and drained out, still functioned properly. My buddy who was in afghansistan, they found an AK that the bolt had rusted shut on. They used a Gerber to pound the bolt back in order to rack it, after they racked it, it still fired.

But Americans, I think have been a little more concerned with accuracy than reliability.

Thats right!but many other manufactorers made some of their own which were better or worse thane original AK47

Ak47 design was influenced by StG44, but i dont think it was a stolen design. A lot of the weapons in the world are using technology and design that was invented by others. Take Uzi and Ingram for example.

The difference in Eastern/USSR/Russian weapons design(powerful, simple and VERY reliable) and Western/US(accurate, fairly powerful and quite complicated, sometimes unreliable) is because countries have different requirements for their guns. USSR/Russia needs a weapon that any conscript can operate, and will still be effective, while US has professional army whose soldiers can operate complicated weapons because of higher training level.

The US/NATO does not use the AK47 or the STG44. If you are calling the M16 complicated, then I would hate to see what you think about some other weapons. But you have to remember that when the US first came out with the M16 the Army had a draft and the army had a lot of conscripts. But, they took it to combat it Vietnam, though it was a piece of shit, we have made many improvements to it since its inception.

Calling the STG44 unreliable is a fallacy. It was known for its reliability thats why the Wehrmacht loved it. Hitler asked one of his soldiers what he needed to win the war, the soldier replied, more of the new rifles. Gotta love the History Channel.

True

Well, If I may try, I think Rovai(Rifleman, just to show off my hebrew...) ment the fact that the M16(compared with the AK) is unrelaible.

My point was to say that in m16 the reliability was sacrificed in favor of higher accuracy and lower recoil. They did it because US army thought that in fights, accuracy is more important, as for reliability - a well trained soldier can fix its rifle. This was a big mistake(along with 5.56x45 ammo, which was weak).

If you load 29 rounds instead if thirty, it helps reduce jamming. Something to do with the way the spring works in the magazine.

I can understand why you think that it is a possibility. The STG and the AK look very similar on the outside, but the interal mech. of an STG resembles much more that of an MP5.

There you go

STG-44
left.jpg

AK 47

210-1.jpg

And Gewehr 43

Gewehr_43.jpg

along with

sks
russiansks.jpg

I don't understand this big fuss about Kalashnikov "stealing" anything from StG-44 as some like to call it. as far as it goes every self loading weapon is somehow related to the earliest operational semi automatic weapons and I think the first "assault rifle" if you may call it was the Fedorov automatic rifle as early as in the 1920's, or atleast soviets back then considered the 6.5mm Arisaka cartidge an intermediate cartidge so :)

Armyjaeger said:
I don't understand this big fuss about Kalashnikov "stealing" anything from StG-44 as some like to call it. as far as it goes every self loading weapon is somehow related to the earliest operational semi automatic weapons and I think the first "assault rifle" if you may call it was the Fedorov automatic rifle as early as in the 1920's, or atleast soviets back then considered the 6.5mm Arisaka cartidge an intermediate cartidge so :)

I must agree on the big fuss. The M60 was a copy of the FG-42, so whats the big deal about the AK and STG?

Back