Did Jessica Lynch desearve the Bronze Star?

Did Jessica Lynch desearve the Bronze Star?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think that she deserved it...yes, I know the DoD needed a female hero, and yes, I know she was captured, but let's face it...she relaxed in a hospital bed for a few days until they sent in special forces.

Name one Vietnam POW that recieved a Bronze Star just for being a POW.

EDIT: Oops, spelled Vietnam wrong. :)

hmmm

well i know of quite a few air force officers that were awarded the medal of honor..for being POWs in viet nam. Lance Sijan got his for his extreme resistance to the enemy..right up to his death. George Day. Oh There was this Navy Admiral by the Name of Stockdale i believe...all POWs..all awarded the M.O.H. its not a bronze star...but what the hey.

:D

Mark Conley said:
hmmm

well i know of quite a few air force officers that were awarded the medal of honor..for being POWs in viet nam. Lance Sijan got his for his extreme resistance to the enemy..right up to his death. George Day. Oh There was this Navy Admiral by the Name of Stockdale i believe...all POWs..all awarded the M.O.H. its not a bronze star...but what the hey.

:D

Hehe, well they are Air Force and we all know how the Air Force hands out medals like candy especially to officers. ;) [/air force joke]

wow its not to not be yelled at any more. I was scared that I was pissing alot of people off. I mean yea they have their opinions on this, and I may only be a 17 year old and I don't know every thing, atleast I can admit that. but geesh was I feeling hated... thanks for the support razor. I mean I think I hada valid argument.... I think?

Razor said:
Hehe, well they are Air Force and we all know how the Air Force hands out medals like candy especially to officers.

I realize you did not mean anything by this, but you have not reached a position from which you can criticize or make light of the decorations earned by anyone, let alone an entire branch. Feel free to make your opinions/positions known, but especially on issues such as this, be sure that you do so in a respectful manner.

Redneck said:
I realize you did not mean anything by this, but you have not reached a position from which you can criticize or make light of the decorations earned by anyone, let alone an entire branch. Feel free to make your opinions/positions known, but especially on issues such as this, be sure that you do so in a respectful manner.

I thought I did that as respectful as I could. Sorry if it upset you.

I agree. I got onto my platoon for putting down other branches. I basecly told them that the day they joined and became part of our nations defense was the day that they could rightfuly make remarks upon other services. Especialy since my dad is leaving for South Korea for a year. that shows that no matter what branch there are sacrifices. And with the way things are going in Korea... I would much rather my dad go to Iraq, then in Korea were that crazy dictatore has nuclear bombs just waiting for a reason to push the button. sorry off topic.... But I know the sacrifice. I mean he's going to be gone my whole senior year. Thats big. SO I cant back you up on that razor, sorry!

tough_girl said:
I agree....

You have a good point, I agree that we should not put down other branches. But I do not see any thing wrong with a joke here and there. It keeps people happy. (well most of the time...)

It's just an issue of time and place and appropriateness. Jokes about men who have died are generally not considered socially acceptable.

I have no problems with joking (got myself the nickname "Smiley" just about everywhere I've ever been).

Explain the Darwin Awards books...that's pretty much all jokes about people that have died, and they're pretty funny.

I know, the circumstances were way different between being killed in service and being killed because of your own stupidity...but...we're off topic. :D :rambo:

After reading all these posts I think she did deserve those medals. I think the thing that's wrong here is the media coverage. What do you think?

I see a lot of you wannabes posting on this topic now. I won't bother to sit here and quote out and address all of your ignorant statements. Perhaps, each and every one of you should sit back and remember Miss Lynch, has done 100 times more than any of you have in your lives. I do not care what you're going to do, save that BS for someone else. Until you've put your ass on the line - try keeping your mouths shut on matters you clearly know nothing about.

This thread is already a slap in the face to US military members everywhere, and I'm glad to see it's continuing in its tastelessness of questioning an American military member.

Please take the time to read through the arguments laid out in this thread before making some shoot-from-the-hip answer based off of what you may think you know (if you read the first few pages, you will see that I was guilty of this too).

This is locked until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back