dialing device

seal1972rangers

Good evening, I need a favor who can tell me how you can call or you call the device that was used in the movie: blackwak down where the soldier throws the grenade to mark the targets?

appreciate your help

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen the movie, but I'm assuming that it would be a Smoke grenade or at night an Infra Red emitting device. IR Cyalume or similar.

in the movie the soldiers use an IR beacon to designate the targets this strobe emits invisible IR lasers that can be seen in many weapons/targeting scopes used in the armed forces. the only drawback of the beacon is it has to be seen from the air to show up on weapons radar.

in the movie the soldiers use an IR beacon to designate the targets this strobe emits invisible IR lasers that can be seen in many weapons/targeting scopes used in the armed forces. the only drawback of the beacon is it has to be seen from the air to show up on weapons radar.

WRONG! They are not lasers, it is simply an IR strobe light. There is no targeting device. It can easily be spotted by anyone wearing NVGs. We had them, the skinnies did not. SOOO, you throw the IR stobe at the skinnies lines at night, then it makes it easier for air support to identify which side of that light he can light up. You see, at night, it's terribly hard to identify who is a bad guy and who is a good guy...especially from the air. This tool helps for marking lines or bringing in choppers in the dark.

Ever since this game has come out...it has been the bain of my existence! Sigh...Whatever happened to using what's in the old brain housing group and exerting some common sense?

Back