Dia dhuit (hello)

Barec_Gesh

Hi im barec gesh the language was irish ,dont worry.just sayin hello im hopefully an irish recruit if i pass my interview and i should. ive been getting ready and training for the last 5 months and should start in another 2 or 3 months.hopefully the start of my career to being a ranger.

Welcome Barec. Hope you do well, a Ranger tab is highly thought of in the US, probably the same in Ireland.

The ARW is full of good dudes, I've always enjoyed it when we got to work together. Good luck!

Welcome. Is there a difference in roles between the Irish and US rangers? Are they pretty much the same type of elite batalion or company size commando strike unit?

the irish rangers and the american rangers have the same job.in fact the irish rangers got there training from the us rangers back in the 60s and 70s and the irish rangers where then formed on march 13 1980.after gaining invaluable experiance from our american friends.And ilike to thank all you of the 75th RANGERS LEAD THE WAY.

Barec_Gesh said:
the irish rangers and the american rangers have the same job.in fact the irish rangers got there training from the us rangers back in the 60s and 70s and the irish rangers where then formed on march 13 1980.after gaining invaluable experiance from our american friends.And ilike to thank all you of the 75th RANGERS LEAD THE WAY.

They're actually different now, from organization, training and missions. As the term "commando" is defined across the pond, the ARW moved from that and went more towards an Anti-terrorisim role in the 80s, and that's pretty much where they have stayed.

I've gotten to work with them before, good guys and they're not too bad. They train with a lot of different units from USSOCOM, and European units like SAS/SBS, GIGN, SASR, etc.

Unlike US SOF though, they allow females, but last I heard none had actually tried to go through the course. That was about 2/3 years ago, though.

Back