devil pups

its a kind of mini-boot camp held at marine corps base camp pendelton every summer
(they claim not to be a 'boot camp' but they are)
you do alot of confidence building stuff, like jumping from the tower into the pool, doing the LRC corse, 5 mile beach run, and you also climb old smokey at the end

its an awsome program, and i would recomend it to anyone, it was the worst and best 10 days of my life
(bt im kinda twised and like getting yelled at, so idk if 'normal' people would like it, lol)

nothings really wrong w/ it, its just that most ppl hate to be yelled at...i like it, it actually makes me feel good and motivated

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I've seen a quick news release on the Devil Pups program about half a year ago. Seemed interesting.

i can tell you this much, it was the best and worst 10 days of my life, and shaped me into the person i am today

not only that, but it pushes you to go fartyher than you ever thought possible

Awe!!!! Man! You gotta be kidding me. I wished I could a experience a camp you've been experienceing. The last time I remembered my last camp was a complete waste. I didn't had much physical activity just everyday morning 1 mile run, night walks, PT, and thats about the only physical activity I did! :2guns:

i can tell you this much, it was the best and worst 10 days of my life, and shaped me into the person i am today

not only that, but it pushes you to go fartyher than you ever thought possible

It almost sounds like what I had to go through here at RMC during my first month. First Year Orientation Perior or FYOP for short. One solid month of 4th year Cadets (and I mean Officer Cadets, not JROTC Cadets) breathing down your necks, essentially telling you when and how to even breathe.

It's probably the most I've ever been pushed in my life, this is including my Basic Officer Training.

So the kids are Devil Pups. And the actual ones are Devil Dogs.
The name Devil Dogs (I'm 90% sure) came from the Germans in WWI.

Back