Deserter Jenkins back on US soil - Page 2

--

July 2nd, 2005  
ghost457

was this a government sponsored/funded film? if so, he should get punishment, if not, hes just an actor, so let him go. and about the desertion, he was punished for that, so thats fine. my 2 cents
July 3rd, 2005  
hopefulfuturemarine

Let him come back and see his dying mother, then kick the deserter back to his beloved Korean life... I don't want him in my country if he turned his back on it like that.
July 4th, 2005  
bulldogg

The collective sense of compassion and forgiveness is quite evident. Ah, to be young and have made no mistakes yet. Karma has a way of revisiting people, I pray none of you ever require understanding and forgiveness one day.
--
July 4th, 2005  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
The collective sense of compassion and forgiveness is quite evident. Ah, to be young and have made no mistakes yet. Karma has a way of revisiting people, I pray none of you ever require understanding and forgiveness one day.
There are and will always be consequences for one's actions, regardless of how sorry an individual may be about what they did. Harsh as it may seem, some people do not deserve another chance to make the same mistake again, folks like this Jenkins who show extreme failures of character (and not a momentary one either, but one repeated and perpetuated over several decades) should not be allowed to harm either their country or their fellow citizens again, nor should he be allowed to enjoy the benefits of living in a nation that he betrayed and abandoned, some bridges can't be rebuilt once you burn them.

Forgiveness is all well and good, but to be blunt, if you forget, you're an idiot.