Desert Combat Boot?

Fox

Can you hear me now?
What do you think of this boot? Is it comfort? I'm looking for the boots for hiking.

Cordura/suede upper, speedlace eyelets, padded collar, Panama sole, removable cushion insole. Imported. $29.95

Thanks.

5341_BIG.JPG

Last edited:
I have a pair similar to those, a little cheaper though. I bought them primarily for Paintball. But I use them for running, and working for my uncle. If you want, I can try to find them again.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bad boot. I wore the thing in Iraq for a year. It is cheap because it is a cheap POS. You get what you pay for.

This is the Belleville 390 DES ACU boot,
TAN-390--DES.jpg

that is one of a few models that the Army is currently issueing. I have a pair and they held up very good at airborne school. I have to say these are the best pair of combat boots I have had so far. They are very light and durable. However they cost $100. As I said before, you get what you pay for.

So, does that means you are going to buy the $30 combat boot, Gigabrain?

I guess I'll have to save the money to buy a better desert combat boot.

This combat boot looks cool. BUT it is expensive.

27323L.jpg

if you want boots for civilian use like hicking, buy civilian boots. Military boots are most likely mode by the lowest bidder and they hold togheter for a while. My experience is that civilan boots are more comfort. Take care of you feet, your country may need them sometime. :salute2:

If you are going to Jungle trekking, I think a Desert boot will not fit you. The soles are not made for jungle trekking. You must understand that the boots have diffrent purpose. For Desert boots, the exterial surface is rough, which is not good for Jungle trekking. I think the best boots are still those from your country's Army. I am currently using one of the boots that my country issue. They are designed by Reebok and are quite good, water proof and lots of support.

Texas has a very small jungle....really, it's forest. But thanks for information, Zander.

Fox said:

27323L.jpg

nope going for good ones

Ok, so you are trekking in the Jungle or Desert? I think that the terrain you are trekking in really determine the type of boots you are buying.

Ha ha when I was in Alaska we would have to use these huge "bunny" boots. But that was during the winter, during the summer while hiking I would use... well depends on the hiking. Depends on the terrain I would use moutain climbing boots, your standard black leather boot, or shoes.

But like everyone keeps saying it all depends upon the terrain it's going to be used for, and your price range.

Fox said:

27323L.jpg

Depends on where you look. I believe that www.sportsmansguide.com has good deals on them. I can't remember the exact prices, but I believe some are about $69.97 (corrected) a pair, up to $169.97 a pair.

Last edited:
LOL Percival, yes I still have my bunny boots. Goofy, but WARM.

Also, Gigabrain, trust me when I say this, DO NOT bring your own boots to basic. You will thank me later.

Maytime said:
LOL Percival, yes I still have my bunny boots. Goofy, but WARM.

Also, Gigabrain, trust me when I say this, DO NOT bring your own boots to basic. You will thank me later.

my buddy wrote me yesterday from basic. he brought all his uniforms from RSP. Boy was that a mistake!!

Haha I bet he was ripped a new one. If you think you can sneak something past a drill sergeant, think again!

Back