Desert Combat Boot?

HAH!~ I totally agree. In my country, only the Special Forces can personnalis their gear, so no chance for me to buy my own gear! hah

C/2nd Lt Robot said:
Depends on where you look. I believe that www.sportsmansguide.com has good deals on them. I can't remember the exact prices, but I believe some are about $69.97 (corrected) a pair, up to $169.97 a pair.

These boots are what the US Marines get issued and wear. I have had 3 pair in 4 years. None of them broke down on me exc ept in the sole from long wear.

If you are doing alot of hiking across country and not on a beaten path you will want some pretty good ankle support. If it is distance hiking on relatively smooth surfaces you will want good impact support.

Either way make sure what you buy is quality.

P.S. The last few pics shown have the Marine Corps Emblem on it. Not sure but I don't think the manufacturers are supposed to sell those to anyone except the Navy/Marine Corps.

zander_0633 said:
Not sure about that, heard that those boots with the Marine logo are only sold to the Marines.

If they are labeled as "factory defects" then anyone can sell them to whomever they want to.

It's up to the government. The factory produces them to government standards. If a government inspector finds something (I use that term lightly) wrong then the factory can sell them to whomever. So technically, it's up to the government. The boots are government property up until they are trashed from wear, or dismissed due to a blemish. At least that's my take on it.

But would it be illegal for another company to start manufacturing boots with the USMC emblem on them and selling them to civilians?

Yea. Any boot that is not considered a gov't factory defect and has printed the USMC logo is illegal. Simply because the Eagle and Anchor is copyrighted.

You're quite welcome. I cannot say anything that hasn't already been posted before, but I will say it anyway. It's as Missileer said; you get what you pay for. If you want to spend $30 on a pair of boots that won't last that long, go ahead. If you want to spend $100 on a solid pair of boots that have proven themselves time and time again, then go ahead. It is up to you, but I cast my vote with the more expensive, better made, trustworthy boots.

That copyright is a little bit iffy and probably wouldn't stand up in court, given the whole "for the people, by the people" thing...no offense to the Marines, just saying...

Back