Deputy Leaves Loaded Gun in Bar Bathroom

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Deputy Leaves Loaded Gun in Bar Bathroom
COTATI, Calif. (AP) - A Napa County sheriff's deputy walked into a bar bathroom and left without his gun, authorities said. The out-of-uniform officer forgot his loaded service revolver in the restroom of the Tradewinds Bar in downtown Cotati late Friday. A customer found the gun and turned it...

IDIOT!!!!!!

As a gun owner and a police officer. This guy smack me in the face twice...

Sure, I left my radio at the local diner once but not my sidearm. I make sure that I have that one me.

(It was my first day on the road. My Field Training Officer takes me out to breakfest. I didn't have a shoulder mike yet so I lowered the vloume of my radio and placed it on the table so I can still listen to it but keep the volume down and not be an pain in the arse to the other customers in the diner. A emergency call went out and we just ran out of the diner and jumped into the patrol car. All the while the radio was still on the table at the diner. The folks at the diner have had that happen to them before so they just held on to the radio. When I noticed it was missing, we went back to the diner after we cleared the call and picked it up. My FTO said that is why she wears a shoulder mike and hence why I should get one also. I did and I have never taken off my radio from my duty belt when I sit down at a diner.)

Back