Deployment...

Neo2741

Hi,

I'm stationed at Aviano AB, Italy and I am supposed to be deploying June 09. My wife is currently pregnant with twins and is due at the end of Febuary.

I heard some stories of people volunteering to take someones place on a deployment cycle. Is this possible?

A girl from my shop said that happened to her the last few years.

I have no problems deploying if I was single, but I think my wife won't be able to handle taking care of 2 babies alone without a driver's liscence. Also, she can't speak perfect English yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

You have to find someone who can take your place. Then you have to talk with your commander and likely they will have to approve the individual taking your place. Are you USAF?

Hi,

I'm stationed at Aviano AB, Italy and I am supposed to be deploying June 09. My wife is currently pregnant with twins and is due at the end of Febuary.

I heard some stories of people volunteering to take someones place on a deployment cycle. Is this possible?

A girl from my shop said that happened to her the last few years.

I have no problems deploying if I was single, but I think my wife won't be able to handle taking care of 2 babies alone without a driver's liscence. Also, she can't speak perfect English yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tough love, but you should have thought about that before you decided to have kids while we are fighting two wars and there was a chance you could deploy.

I'm afraid that I 'm going to have to agree with Infidel here. If you don;t think you can handle another deployment, thing long and hard when it comes time to reenlist. Most of us don;t do it because it's cool or for the benefits. I will be deploying (my 2nd) within a few months and I have a wife and 2 kids. I don;t want to go either, but my country has called me. To quote Richard Marchinko "You don't have to like it, you just have to do it."

I will be deploying (my 2nd) within a few months and I have a wife and 2 kids. I don;t want to go either, but my country has called me. To quote Richard Marchinko "You don't have to like it, you just have to do it."
Good friend of mine (Ssgt german air force ground combat spt btl.) is down in Afghanistan now, he has also wife + 2 kids (2 and 5 years old), i'm trying to help the best i can with letters and so on- just hope he comes back well. Just heard that the german embassy was attacked and taliban said they wanted to target german soldiers... But who am I telling that- you probably all laugh about our deployed soldiers since you have the tougher areas... though our death toll is rising. MY father went with the first german soldiers to Somalia and left 3 kids and wife at home- hard time for my mother (especially when there were reports on attacks on the camp) though i didn't really know what was going on...
What i want to say with it- no one should be ashamed about certain fears, an important step is to voice your concerns, that's what you did.
In the end i have to agree with the previous posts.

Back