Densus 88 (detasemen khusus 88 / special detachment 88)

Loo Lee

INDONESIAN Military Detachment

The Branch: INDONESIA Military :tank:

-Denfensive Departement: A. TNI : 1. Army : Kopassus, etc
2. Navy : Marine, etc
3. Airforce : Bravo 90, etc

B. POLRI : 1. Densus 88
2. BRIMOB (mobile brigade):
2th regiment GEGANA 3. Traffic Cop
4. Buru Sergap (Fast Attack)
etc.

DENSUS 88 (DETASEMEN KHUSUS 88 / SPECIAL DETACHMENT 88)

special Detachment 88 is a unit specialized Indonesian National Police to combat the terrorists in Indonesia. Special forces with the red vest is specially trained to deal with any terror threat.

The unit was established by the Metro Jaya Regional Police Chief Inspector General Firman Gani on August 26, 2004. Detachment 88, initially consisting of 75 men led by Adjunct Commissioner of Police Large Karnavian Tito who had received training in several countries.

Meaning the number of 88 on the writings of the Special Detachment 88 resembles two cuffs. Figure 88 is a representation of victims of the Bali bombing in 2002 of foreign nationals who suffered the most casualties of Australia.

Meaning of "88" is the next, the number "88" is not interrupted and continues to connect. This means that the Detachment 88 anti-terror work is continuing and we do not know to stop. The number "88" also resembles the meaning police handcuffs seriously handle this case.

Police special forces unit is equipped with new weaponry and combat vehicles made in America, like the Colt M4 assault rifle, sniper rifle Armalite AR-10, and Remington shotgun

here some of the pics

5808_115529116790_115528081790_2794834_4666519_n.jpg

5808_115529701790_115528081790_2794843_6795992_n.jpg

den88_convoy.jpg

densus88palembangt-1.jpg

anti-teror1.jpg

2th Regiment of BRIMOB (mobile brigade) under Police Dept : GEGANA

Is the part of Indonesian Police ( under Defensive Departement) it doesnt have any abbreviation. this Regiment have a special ability as explosive tamer. it build in 1976, at first it included into detachment, then it became the 2th regiment. the main jobs of this forces are:
1. Overcome the terror
2. protection for VIP
3. SAR
4. Anti - Guerilla
5. Explosive tamer

here's some pics of GEGANA 2th regiment:

images

gegana.jpg

images

61354_satuan_gegana_brimob.jpg

Lets discuss about it.:9mm: :biggun:

Last edited:
yes, one of the detachment that investigate Terorist in Indonesia.

it build nearly after Bali Bombing that mostly australian became the victim:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Yeah. Lots of Rugby people were there to celebrate the end of their season I think. If they had delayed that bombing by one week, a great deal of international students would have actually been killed.
It is very unfortunate that Indonesians as a whole are being screened because of these small number of fanatics.

I hope more of these fanatics are caught and have justice dealt to them.
They do nothing but harm the stability and image of Indonesia, not to mention kill locals as well as foreigners.

yeah me too. im moslem too, but im not fanatics as they are. if i dont wrong, one of their mission beside which we all known. is to destroy infidel... LOL
cmiiw

to be honest man ..... they have no bussiness doing "that" everywhere ....

but , it's a crazy world what would i know anyway ...... :shoothea:

may peace be upon you brotha..

Back