Dem's Dis Of Rice Ripped

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
New York Daily News
January 13, 2007

WASHINGTON - Team Bush fired back yesterday at Sen. Barbara Boxer, saying the California Democrat took a cheap and chauvinistic shot when she pointed out that Secretary of State Rice has no children.
"I don't know if she was intentionally that tacky, but I do think it's outrageous," White House spokesman Tony Snow told Fox News radio.
"Here you got a professional woman, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and Barbara Boxer is sort of throwing little jabs because Condi doesn't have children, as if that means that she doesn't understand the concerns of parents. Great leap backward for feminism," Snow said.
Boxer made her comment during a Senate hearing Thursday, when Rice testified about President Bush's plan to send 21,500 more troops to Iraq.
"Who pays the price? I'm not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old, and my grandchild is too young. You're not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with immediate family," Boxer told Rice.
Boxer defended herself yesterday. "I spoke the truth at the committee hearing, which is that neither Secretary Rice nor I have family members that will pay the price for this escalation," she said in a statement.
--Kenneth R. Bazinet

Back