Democrats voice concern on Obama's Iraq plan

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/27/iraq.dems/index.html

Top Democrats have expressed concerned over President Obama's plan to draw down nearly two-thirds of U.S. forces in Iraq by August 2010, while some key Republicans are offering praise. At issue: Obama plans to leave between 35,000 to 50,000 residual forces in the war-torn country, serving in a training or advisory role to the Iraqi military.

So I guess this is working both sides of the isle...... How soon did it take for his own party to have issues with him? Good man... Keep working both sides of the isle. Do the right thing sir...do the right thing.

Last edited:
Democrats are worried about the numbers left after the withdrawal.

Republicans are praising the fact that Obama took the military's guidance on the timeframe of the withdrawal.

Also, are you surprised that not everyone agrees on everything?

No, of course not. But the good thing is that he is pissing both sides off equally. Economics... Iraq... Budget... so what's next? Welcome to the Oval Office Mr. President!

If a voter believed he meant exactly what he said during the campaign, about having the troops out in 16 months of taking office, then they should be disappointed. If you can except that he is fullfilling his promise as best he can, then he should be given some slack.

If you believe any politician will keep all they promise during an election, I have some prime coastal bottom land in Florida available at a great price! (lowtide pictures are available upon request)

Some things never change.;-)

Chukpike... I can honestly say that I agree with you 100%... (I have my defibrillator ready if you need it. ;))

I really believe that he ISN'T worrying about party lines... He's going to do what's right for America. No matter who's side he's affiliated with and what side came up with the idea. And I hope America can see past the propaganda from either side and know that he's going to be a good thing for us.

You can't make everyone happy. He's pleasing Republicans... maybe in return they'll play ball with him on some other key issues.

I'm still pretty pleased with what he's done. And I do like his plan.

Back